Highlighted

Re: Question about included mic and desktop controller

Hey AtomicN30N, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'd love to answer all questions you may have about our new Gaming Headset. 

Yes, you will be able to get a replacement part for the headset even if you are outside of warranty, however if you were outside of warranty there would be a charge for the replacement part. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Replying to the moderator's comment

Wait am I hearing this correctly? You're able to offer the replacement part separately from the headset only if the person already bought the $430 gaming headset? What's stopping bose from selling that microphone module directly and upgrading their old QC35iis??

I think I can speak for the majority of your customer base when I say that we're not going to spend $430 dollars on a microphone adapter and a pair of headphones that's exactly the same as the pair we already own! This just seems like a huge oversight by the bose marketing department and I'm struggling to understand.

Personally I'd be 100% willing to throw my money at your company if you released a detachable microphone for the QC35II. Not only does it make sense in times like this (way more people working from home and on their computers), you already have dedicated customers who own QC35IIs willing to spend money on Bose products. It also makes the QC35II an even better pair of headphones by allowing it to complete more tasks. The main gripe I have now is that Bose is blatantly ignoring what their customers want... and for what reason? They a golden opportunity here to sell this product as evident by the opinions of every other comment on this thread. 

Bose, I impore you to reconsider your decision!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Re: Introducing the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II Gaming Headset​

I'm here to lend my voice to this topic regarding the Bose QC35s and Bose's decision to not sell the boom mic separately. I've purchased 2 pairs of QC35s over the years, for my girlfriend and I, and we love them. We're fans of Bose. We're your past, current and future customer base. But that stops right now if you continue to do business in this fashion. I promise you this... if Bose doesn't release the boom mic and controller to existing QC35 customers as a separate accessory, I will never buy another Bose product again. Your bottom-line might be solid for now but these poor customer service decisions will bite you in the **bleep**.

I hope Bose reconsiders this awful decision and does the right thing.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hi I present gets this headset to use in my Xbox series x and I was wondering if they work with the Xbox Dolby Atmos, I mean It supuse to work with almost all headphones 

Highlighted

Hey RichieAnGar,

The QC35 II Gaming headset is fully compatible with all major gaming platforms including PC, consoles, and mobile devices. Therefore, it should be ready to use with your Xbox Series X! If you have any further queries regarding this headset please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide us with feedback regarding the boom mic being sold separately.

While it is not possible to purchase the boom mic separately at this time, we recognize the interest for these accessories from existing QC35 II owners and will consider making these accessories available in the future.

We appreciate your feedback, so please, keep it coming!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Hello,

I also create an account to write you my point of view about your decision to sell the boom mic only with the QC 35 II headset.

I already have the QC 35 II the choice was not easy between the Sony WH-1000XM3. but because i'm loyal to Bose since years Home cinema set, Companion 50 etc...i decided to acquire the QC 35 II.  i will not write to you all products i bought this is not the point.

Just for you to know as loyal customer i am extremely disappointed to find that you will not be offering the boom mic as a separate accessory.

Be sure the boom mic will have a great success and will be a best seller. it's pretty sure.

All the community do not understand your business logic. I was talking yesterday with many friends and they are waiting for this.

Please reconsider your position and do not disappoint your loyal customers who could give bad publicity to the brand.

Thank you for taking the time to read me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

If you don't mind, do you mind letting us know what your solution for the qc25 boom mic is? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I am hopeful that one day the boom mic is available separately, but that also a solution is made for the older qc25 model. Because of the 2.5 mm jack, it is almost impossible to find a very reliable and high quality sounding adapter to go from a 2.5 mm connection to a 3.5 mm connection. Well there are options in the market, but the problem is that the quality is significantly degraded thereby ruining the headphones. I hope Bose creates a boom mic solution for the qc25, as well as for those that have pre-existing qc35.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I would like to add my two cents that I believe a modular kit for gaming would sell great.  I bought my QC II 35s almost two years ago.  I'm active duty military and travel alot so I love them for my flights. 

I also travel with my laptop for gaming which means I have to take a separate headset for my PC.  If this kit was offered I would definitely buy it as it would allow me to save space and still enjoy Bose quality. 

I know other vendors sell aftermarket boom mics for the QCs for about 30 dollars.  I hesitate to buy them though and would love for Bose to market a product specifically for their headphones.  Unfortunately, I can't afford or justify buying the full kit when I already own a set of QC 35s. 

I would love for Bose to contact me when/if they decide to do this.