emperoralku
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Re: Introducing the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II Gaming Headset​

From Bose's own sustainability page:

“Upholding our sustainability commitments is one way we can make a difference today, and for future generations.”
Jim Scammon
President and Chief Operating Officer

"We aspire to infuse sustainability into our day-to-day work across the company, so that it shapes our thinking and the way we do business."

"In today’s world, more and more of our business customers are seeking and expecting products that demonstrate strong sustainability performance. We want to meet and exceed their expectations by creating innovative products that have smaller environmental footprints and contribute to positive social outcomes."

Asking customers to buy an entire new pair of functionally identical headphones to acquire a detachable microphone that is cross compatible is neither environmentally responsible nor sustainable. In the absence of any functional excuse such as the microphone not working, there really is no excuse. It's just greed.

Time to put your money where your mouth is Bose. 

TrackerF16
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

I was going to call CS today to ask this same question, figured I cant be the only person who wants this. 

as previously stated, what does having an extra set of headphones in circulation do for the environment besides generate more e-waste?

it would be one thing if there were fundamental differences between the versions, but there isnt, its literally an off the shelf product with add-ons, and i have actually been in the market for a new headset, and with as comfortable as my set of QC 35II's are, i know that my chief issue would be resolved, but i am not willing to spend 300+ dollars when all i need is the USB pod and Boom mic

with the boom of work from home, and the fact that QC 35's are no longer the new new, they now come on sale for a decent price, and this is INCREDIBLY short sighted to release this headset, NOW, and somehow think that everyone who has ever loved a pair of your 5 year old headphones would be willing to buy an identical pair for more than what they paid originally..

LilChop
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2021

I love my Quietcomfortii(had to get the rose gold), they are top notch for everything from Necrophagist to Sade to Radiohead and perfect for single player gaming! I would love to get the gaming set although, seeing that it detaches, the crucial mic, yet won’t be sold separately just makes the sale look like a very low value for money, and i completely feel that I got my money’s worth with the QCii, but that’s a big spend for a care worker who is planning to study. I’m pretty sure there are pleanty of people in my boat, many worse who just can’t justify a second pair over an off brand boom mic. Even slap $10-20 over the price of a firm competitor and sell it at $50 etc instead of asking happy customers to double dip for ‘the gaming edition’.

Cheers team for reading if you made it through and all the best! Again the QCiis are very keen 

LilChop
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2021

Gidday team, are the standard QuietComfortii set compatible with Dolby Atmos/ the 3D audio options available on the next gen consoles??

ldarshan1991
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Can the "Removable gaming module with boom mic and aux cable" be sold as an accessories? The reason why I need an authentic mic from Bose instead of the ones which we find on Amazon is the trust in the brand. I expect Bose which is customer feedback driven company would honor many people's opinion here

Fenax
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2021

I just bought Bose Quietcomfort 35ii and really love them. Unfortunately, the gaming variant was not available and I needed headphones asap. I would really like to purchase the mic and doc for it separately. Are there any plans for selling those and when?

I see there are some companies which sell something similar, but would prefer to stay with your brand. Any info would be much appreciated. 

ethanholle
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2021

Well said. 

Absolutely agree with this, not only is bose absolutely dropping the ball here, they're response on the related threads has been "no 😊" with no explanation.

Bose is a luxury brand. I pay more for bose products over other similar products specifically for a better customer experience and this thread is telling me that I need to look elsewhere.

@Tegan_M can bose really offer no explanation here?

andrii1702
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Just had to waste 5 minutes of my life to voice my opinion: I totally agree with everyone else who's been complaining about Bose not selling the vital accessory for QCII separately, I see it as a big missed opportunity, as well as a sign of disrespect towards the loyal customers. It's been a long time since the boom mic attachment was released, nevertheless you guys are still "recognizing the interest" and "considering making the accessories available in the future". Honestly, not the mindset I expected from the tech giant, disappointing. Luckily there are some 3rd party suppliers out there who've already started filling up this gap in the market, but silly me being loyal to Bose...There's still a chance to redeem the lost opportunity, but the time is ticking and the damage done to the company image is irreversible. 

J0N4TH4N
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

Hi @Wayne_M,

Like the other QC35 owners, i would love to buy the gaming accessories.

wasdo
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2021

I specifically created an account in order to voice my opinion that I as well, like the other QC35ii owners, would love to buy the gaming accessories. I bought my Bose QC 35ii a year before the release of the Bose QC 35ii gaming edition. I do not want to buy another Bose QC 35ii in order to have access to the gaming accessories.