SGold
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

QC35 ii Self Voice

Has anyone been able to use the self voice feature outside of just phone calls? While playing music it would be nice to switch self voice on and hear myself over my music. Seems like the headset has the capability to do so but no option for it

Bose product name

Quiet Comfort 35 ii

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

1 REPLY 1
panozracer
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2021

Re: QC35 ii Self Voice

I too am interested in being able to control the self voice feature.  After an extreme thorough research of community forums and about an hour of troubleshooting with a live tech.  Upgrading and downgrading the firmware.  Resetting and basically a full run through of what is a day old piece of equipment.  here is what i found.

Here is a link to a forum that has 12 pages, lasted 2 years (2017-2019) and exactly describe my issue on at least 50 of the replies.  It was closed by a moderator for not being relevant anymore.  Many moderators had replied stating things regarding to sending to development team.  Its 2021 and these still perfectly describe my issue.

The self help video described the self voice feature but not how to control it.

I found an article below describing they are trying to add the ability to control the self voice feature.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Bose-QC-35-Firmware-4-5-2-Noise-Cancellation-Invest...

For now my only solution is to get a new set of headphones and not the Bose app, it would seem this issue came up with a firmware update.  I can not revert back far enough to a firmware that was the original, this was tried through the web tool.

Its highly annoying to have some of the best noise cancelling headphones on the planet and have it simply rebroadcast external noise.  This reminds me of how engineers spent hundreds of millions of dollars to design air diffusers to be perfectly quiet only to install white noise generators because it was too quiet.  I just simply want the noise cancellation lol, i dont need the other features and no one can answer me what headphones lack this self voice feature.  It is literally ruining the entire noise cancelling headphone experience.