Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

Using an amp with the QC35 II gaming

I am looking into the QC 35 II gaming as it combines two things that I am looking for in a headset, the main use would be for gaming a lot. The main question that I had is if I can use them with another amp that I already have. Right now I already have and use an Astro mixamp and I would like to continue to use that if possible. I know that the headset already comes with a dial to control volume and connect with the computer, but it also looks like it comes with an extra 3.5 mm cable so that would be able to connect to the mixamp if possible. I also would like to know if the headset needs to be used with mic wire that is included or if the other cable is sufficient to work the headset because I have an external microphone already and would rather just have the cable. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Using an amp with the QC35 II gaming

Hey Kajtek, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! It's awesome to hear that you are interested in our new QC35II Gaming Headset. 

The headset comes with a Boom Mic that is attached to a 3.5mm cable that will connect to your console's controller. We aren't able to advise on if this will work with the Astro mixamp as the headset wasn't designed to be used with this. If any other users in the Community have tested this set up please do let us know below. 

The headphones do come with an additional 3.5mm cable that can be connected to a range of devices, There isn't an in-line mic with this additional cable so you won't be able to speak when connected to this mix amp. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!