Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Will gaming headset boom mic work with iPhone?

Bose product name

Quiet Comfort II Gaming Headset

Country

US

Firmware Version

The latest (brand new)

App Version

The latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on iPhone Xs on latest iOS14

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Can I use the Quiet Comfort II Gaming Headset’s boom mic with my iPhone XS for phone calls? I understand that the headset will be wired, not wireless, when the boom mic is in use.

Additional detail: I received the Gaming Headset as a holiday gift. I am not a gamer; I love the noise canceling and the fit of the QC II, and hope that the boom mic will improve the other party’s audio when I am on phone calls on my iPhone and on videoconferences on my PC. I know the boom mic will work with the PC; will it also work with my iPhone XS? I understand that the headset would be connected by wire to the iPhone when I am using it with the boom mic for phone calls. I’d like to answer the question before unboxing the device. I have searched online sources including this board and can’t find an answer. Thank you!

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1

Re: Will gaming headset boom mic work with iPhone?

Hi BDoyle.

Thanks for reaching out!

I do not see why this shouldn't be possible, however as an adaptor will be required to connect your gaming headset to your iPhone, this could remove the mic activity from being compatible. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!