Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

low mic volume GAMING headset

I am getting complaints that my mic volume is too low and that people are having trouble hearing me. This while using the mic and desktop controller on Windows10 PC for my call center job. I have tried turning up mic volume all the way in Sound Control Panel. Any other fixes possible? The mic is as close to my mouth as I can get it to be....

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: low mic volume GAMING headset

Hey @Dr-Ben, welcome to the Bose Community!

I hope that you are enjoying your new QuietComfort 35 II Gaming Headset so far. It's a shame to hear that you're experiencing this issue with the mic volume. I'd love to see what I can do to help resolve this.

First, could you please let me know if your headset is running the latest firmware? You can check this in the Bose Connect app, or head to btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the steps.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Yes I updated the firmware.

It is like the mic volume is always stuck at half mast. Whenever I test the mic volume, the sound indicator never goes above a third or half of the test volume bar, like it is capped or something.

I turned it all the way up to 100db in Sound Control Panel which is the highest it will go.

Highlighted

@Dr-Ben Thanks for getting back to me with this information! 

Have you tried using the headset and mic with any other apps on your computer? If so, do you experience the same problem with the mic input volume?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Yes and yes.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this Dr-Ben! 

Sorry to hear that the issue persists across all devices. Let's also try to reset the headset via these steps below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

If you are still experiencing this issue after the reset, please reach out to your regional customer support team via the Contact us page here to explore service options. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue when connecting the device via USB to my Mac.  When I connect the audio cable directly without the USB PC desktop controller, the mic volume is fine.  But I can't get the volume high enough when using it through the USB PC desktop controller.   I also tested another inline mic cable from a QC25 connecting directly to the Mac and that worked fine too.   Is there a way to update the PC Desktop controller to increase the pass through volume?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

I was also facing this problem but after I watch some tricks on upsers.this is really helping,it will be solution for you