Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

4.1.3 Update

Bose told me that firmware 4.1.3 was released Sept 17th, yet the app and btu.bose.com both say 3.1.8 is the latest update.  They claim this is supposed to fix the low sidetone issue, but I can't seem to get 4.1.3.  Now they want to send me another QC 35II.  What the heck?

9 REPLIES 9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Re: 4.1.3 Update

Well, it seems Bose customer support was incorrect.  There is no 4.1.3 update we can get.  I'm extremely disappointed that Bose doesn't even know their own products!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Resist,

Thanks for posting, We apologize for any incorrect information you might have received. Adjustable sidetone is a feature request that we are aware of and has been passed on to our development team to see if it is something that can be offered in a future update. When we have further information we will pass it along to the community. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

@Resist,

Refer back to my earlier comment. I was also on an earlier update and they told me that I needed to update to 4.1.3. However, my headphones said they were already up to date (but it wasn't on 4.1.3). They sent me new headphones and I was able to update to 4.1.3.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Tony,

I bought two QC 35 II.  One Triple Midnight and the other Black.  The Triple Midnight firmware version says it's up to date at version 3.1.8.  The Black firmware version says it's up to date at version 4.1.3.  They are both the same product except for the color.  Why can't I update the Triple Midnight to the same firmware version?

I am having some problems using the two headsets together using "Music Share".  Could the different firmware versions have something to do with my issues.

CWG

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I thought the QC 35 II only comes in Silver and Black.  What's this Triple Midnight you're talking about? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi CWG,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

We have recently released a firmware update for our QuietComfort 35 II headphones to version 4.3.6. More information on this can be found HERE

If you are experiencing issues with updating the headphones, I'd encourage trying using alternate devices running the Bose Connect application, or alternatively using our software update website HERE, This requires a USB to Micro-USB cable and a computer with internet access.

What issues are you experiencing exactly using the Music Sharing feature? I'd be happy to help with this with more information.

@Resist The QuietComfort 35 II have been released in Limited Edition colors of Triple Midnight and Midnight Blue, with product availability that may now vary based on your region.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Andy,

The problems I've been experiencing are a temporary loss of connection, and an occasional dropping of the sound (like a blip).  As an example, my wife and I each have the QC 35 II.  We use "Music Sharing" to link the headphones together, and then I start a movie we want to watch on my iPad.  We usually do this while flying, so we are sitting very close together (so it shouldn't be a problem with moving about, or being too far apart).  The movie starts and plays normally, but occasionally one or the other of the headphones loses the "connection", but then shortly starts playing again.  The other problem is a sound "blip" where the effect is like a drop out of the sound for just a millisecond, then it continues playing.  It is really irritating to have this happen off and on throughout the movie.

Thanks for the suggestion on using the software update website.  I was able to update both of our QC 35 IIs to the same firmware version of 4.3.6.  I'm hoping that maybe some of the issues we are experiencing will be resolved.  I know that the update is supposed to be a start of a new AR capability of the Bose headphones, but I'm more interested in the quality and dependability of my headphones for music and movies.

Let me know if you have any further input or ideas about my issues.

CWG

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

The Triple Midnight is a very dark metallic blue (almost looks black).  You can also customize the different parts of the headphones for a custom look on the Bose website.  The customized version is about $50 more.  The Triple Midnight is the normal price.  Hope this answers your question.

Highlighted

Hi CWG! 

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'm glad to hear that update file was successful in updating the headphones!

I'd recommend giving it a test now that both headphones are running the same firmware version. 

If you are still experiencing the same issues please do reach out again.

Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.