User-c20db
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

700 Headphones - disabling the external noise amplification (opposite of ANC)

Is it possible to configure the 700 headphones to work as regular headphones where nothing is added to the sound? To clarify,  my 700 Headphones either block external sounds using ANC or they amplify external sounds slightly louder than if not wearing t hem. Is there a setting that lets them operate as regular headphones where nothing is added to the signal? If so how do I configure it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VORKUTA
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Re: 700 Headphones - disabling the external noise amplification (opposite of ANC)

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-c20db

- Update headphones firmware using PC and cable (btu.bose.com)

- Install and update Bose Music App

in the App select "Noise cancellation off". that will do exactly what you're looking for.

though after power off/on, headphones will not remember "off" setting, and return back to 0 (amplifying external sound). hope Bose will fix it (add remember "NC off" setting) after firmware/app update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: 700 Headphones - disabling the external noise amplification (opposite of ANC)

Hi User-c20db, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

There isn't a setting that currently allows you to do this, however I would love to forward this onto the development team for you as a future feature request.

If anyone else would also like to see this feature added please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
VORKUTA
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-c20db

- Update headphones firmware using PC and cable (btu.bose.com)

- Install and update Bose Music App

in the App select "Noise cancellation off". that will do exactly what you're looking for.

though after power off/on, headphones will not remember "off" setting, and return back to 0 (amplifying external sound). hope Bose will fix it (add remember "NC off" setting) after firmware/app update.

View solution in original post

User-c20db
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

@VORKUTA  Thank you that was exactly what I was looking for 🙂 

@Hector_B Can you add it to the FAQ or ask the dev team if they can put a little (i) or (?) icon beside the Noise Cancellation label that you can disable to ANC to make the headphones operate like a normal set of headphones?