ahester57
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

AE2 soundlink not playing sound when microphone is enabled

This is extremely annoying when trying to use these headphones as a headset. On windows, you are either able to use the microphone or hear from the speakers, but not at the same time.

When the microphone is not disabled, all I hear from the headphones is ambiet noise, which is definitely not what I want to hear when I put headphones on.

Is there anybody out there that has successfully used these headphones as a proper headset?

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: AE2 soundlink not playing sound when microphone is enabled

Hello Ahester57, Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the microphone and headphone here.

This could be caused by a number of issues. For example, if your computer has a separate Microphone and Headphone port, and does not have a driver that recognises this as both, then this would only play audio or record through the microphone. This could be averted by using a split cable adapter.

Alternatively, this could be caused by issues with the software you're using that is not able to recognise the device that you are using. This would be adjusted from the settings in that program itself.

If you're unsure, I would advise that you select the following link, select your country/region and navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and get in touch with us directly. We will then be able to see exactly what has caused the issue and followup in your exact circumstance.

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

Liam_W - Community Support