Highlighted
yesilpelikan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

AR Enabled Apps for qc35ii

Hello,

I have updated my qc35ii 4.3.6 and connect app to 8.0. Bose web site says I should have seen a list of AR apps to download when I launch the connect app but I see none. 

I have manually downloaded one of them "earplay" to check. earplay detects my qc35 ii but doesn't connect them. No error message, a short loading animation and then nothing.

Any advice?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: AR Enabled Apps for qc35ii

Hi Yesilpelikan, 

Thank you for your post.

Currently the AR apps are currently available for IOS devices. May I ask, are you currently using an IOS or an Android device to run the Bose Connect App?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

eckerd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2017

I have the same problem with my qc35ii connecting to iphone xr , ios device

Hello everyone! 

To make sure that your QC 35 Headphones are capable of using AR, I would recommend you read the article on our Bose Support page, 
You can read it by clicking Here

If you could send us a private message so that we can take your serial numbers and we can check for you if your QC 35 II are capable of using Bose AR 

Hope this helps, 

Kind regards 
Liam G - Community Support

yesilpelikan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

AMAZING!

I have just found out my QC 35 II is not compatible with AR! It is kind of misleading for Bose to advertise its product for AR even some of them are not compatible. In my opinion, a product cannot has different specifications than others under the same model code, it should be advertised as another model. Consumers don't need to check their serial numbers before buying a product. this is certainly unethical for Bose to sell products with false advertisement. Hope somebody sues Bose for this. 

Hi Yesilpelikan,

I'm sorry to hear you disappointed by the lack of AR compatibility in your current QC35 IIs, if you do not have a unit with AZ at the end of the serial # it cannot be updated to get AR functionality. We would recommend you contact the customer service team in your region HERE to see if we have any options available.

Kind regards.

Keith_L - Community Support -