Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Absolute nonsense and frustrating!!!! My Bose keep on automatically turning noise cancellation on&of

How the hell do I solve this irritation. My bose headphones keep turning noise cancellation on and off!!!!!
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Absolute nonsense and frustrating!!!! My Bose keep on automatically turning noise cancellatio...

Hi Dube,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the noise cancellation on your headphones.

To help us fix this with you could you please confirm which noise cancelling headphones you have? Also have you noticed any pattern to when the noise cancellation turns itself on or off?

All the best.

Keith_L

Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Re: Absolute nonsense and frustrating!!!! My Bose keep on automatically turning noise cancellatio...

Where do I get the model number on my headphones?

Also, no patterns. It seems to just happen harphazardly! Like today at the gym. It kept on automatically doing it. I even deleted the app and re installed it.
Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

I think I found something. My model number is 425948. Does that help?

Thank you for letting us know Dube. 

That model hasn't returned anything on my end - is there any possibility you could find the 17-digit serial number? This should be found in the Bose Connect App under 'Product Info' and also should be contained on the label attached to the packaging box. Let me know if you are able to find this.

Warm Regards,

Sam F

Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

SN: ***Serial Number hidden by Moderator***

Thank you for providing that information Dube.

Have you been able to try resetting your headphones? This may put the headphones back into a normal state where you do not experience this issue. To do this -

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

After this, try clearing the Bluetooth pairing list of the headphones - and then reconnect to your device. To do this, slide the power switch towards the Bluetooth icon until you hear the prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". Give these steps a try and let me know if you issue is resolved or not.

Warm Regards,

Sam F

Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

I did this solution. I thought it had worked because it stopped. But now it’s doing it again!!!!!! So is this just going to be recurring?

Hello,

Sorry to hear these troubleshooting methods have not helped. 

Can you please clarify how you know your noise cancellation has cut out? Do you hear the voice prompts asserting a change in your noise cancellation level? Or does outside noise become more apparent? 

Look forward to hearing from you,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Highlighted
Dube
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Continuous voice prompts saying voice cancellation on: voice cancellation off... it just keeps going.

When I look at the app, voice cancellation “dot” keeps changing from on, medium, off non stop.