Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Allergic to Silicone Airbuds

I seem to be allergic to the silicone airbuds that are part of my SoundSport Bluetooth Airbuds.

I had a previous pair of Bluetooth airbuds, not Bose, that were rubber and for over a year I was fine with them.  I lost one and they didn't have location services 😞  

I had to see a doctor and get medication to clear up an infection in my outer ear.  Once that infection cleared up and I felt that I could try them again, I tried alcoholing the buds gently, my ear gently and within 3 runs I had another infection.  I'm so tired of being sick from my buds.  

Bose - do you make a rubber replacement tip so that I can use them again?  I never knew I was allergic to silicone.....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Allergic to Silicone Airbuds

Hi Susan.Bonneau, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your SoundSport Free Headphones. 

Unfortunately, we don't produce a Rubber Replacement Tip. I can send a suggestion to our development team to possibly look at this being something we could add in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Re: Allergic to Silicone Airbuds

Thank you - it doesn’t solve my problem but it does answer it.