Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Ambient noise on SoundTrue Ultra for Android

Hello, 

I have the SoundTrue Ultra earphones and my challenge with them is that they pick up all the background noise when I am on a phone call. The other party can hear everything in the background but me. 

I use my earphones extensively for phone calls for work (approx 5000 minutes a month) and it is extremely difficult to participate in conference calls with these earphones. The hear stay stuff makes these great because I can not hear any ambient sound and usually my colleagues on the phone tell me about any public service announcements in the background or when I am told to put my phone on airplane mode on flights. They can hear all of it more clearly than they can hear me. 

Initially, I thought the problem was with my phone but I have since gotten a new phone and the challenge remains. 

I had a Google pixel previously which had an Aux option. 

Now I have the Google Pixel 2 which has an USB-C connection and I use the Aux to USB-C converter (provided with the phone) to plug the earphones in to my phone. 

How can I fix this issue? Did I get a bad pair (It was the last pair they had at the Bose store I bought it from)? Do others have similar challenges with it? 
I am very disappointed with these earphones and can anyone suggest other earphones that cancel out ambient noise while on phone calls? I am willing to spend money on new ones but dont know if all others have similar issues. 

Thanks in advance everyone. 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Ambient noise on SoundTrue Ultra for Android

Hi schwrizer

Thanks for reaching out to the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to assist!

On the back of the controller is there a letter "S" printed on the back of it?  This would indicate an Android version of headset instead of the Apple variant.  

If it is indeed the Android version, I would recommend contacting support as there may be an issue with the microphone.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page to display a number for support.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Hi Tony, 

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

I do not see the S at the back of the controller. However, I do know that when I bought the earphones I bought the Android version and not the Apple variant as the box they came in said so. 

I will contact support and hopefully that will help. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi schwrizer

Sounds good, please let us know if the issue is resolved or not.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Hi Tony, 

I have been asked to return the earbuds and they will be shipping new ones. Will mark the issue as resolved once I can confirm that the replacement ones work. 🙂