Highlighted
andrograce
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Android Voice Prompt spells out name of phone

A minor gripe, obviously, but it's one that I can't seem to find a solution to and it's starting to get frustrating!

I have the Soundsport earbuds and a Samsung Galaxy s8 with the name "1Phone2RuleThemAll" and no matter how much I change the way it's spelled, or how many spaces I add/subtract between the words, the Voice Prompt continues to say "One Phone To Rule Them A-L-L" which makes NO sense to me. When I spell the 1 as "One", the Voice Prompt suddenly spells out that word, too (O-N-E)! Why is it doing this? How do I make it not do this? For comparison, when it's connected to my computer, it says the name perfectly, even though it's a longer name.

To me, the word "all" isn't one I would expect the text-to-speech capability of the Voice Prompt to stumble over. I've made all the names of my devices screen-reader compatible, therefore this should be easy for the voice prompt to handle! Let me know if you have a fix, or if you are working on this bug! Accessibility is important, and I'm sure that people who actually need Voice Prompts and Screen Readers for their daily life would appreciate it if they worked propery.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Android Voice Prompt spells out name of phone

Hello andrograce,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I would recommend that you get in touch with the customer care team as this is not normal behavior from the earphones to pronounce device names differently in any circumstance, which leads me to believe there could be an issue with the product. To find details on how to contact us follow this link https://bose.life/2f4nJid.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support