Highlighted
Cody94549
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Android action - "hear or skip" for Text Msgs doesn't work

New to this QC35 - I press the ACTION button and say "Any New Text Messages". The Google Assistant tells me "there are 5 new Text Messages. Do you wish to HEAR or SKIP."  Without touching the button again, I simply say "HEAR".  The assistant doesn't seem to understand ANY reply that I say.

Is this a BUG? Am I supposed to press the ACTION Button when replying?  confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Android action - "hear or skip" for Text Msgs doesn't work

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cody94549

Hey Cody!

So I do believe that you have to press and hold the Action button down for the headphones to activate the microphone.  Can you give that a try and let me know?

Thanks for being a part of the community and I hope that you have a wonderful New Years!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cody94549
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Newbie here ... does BOSE Engineers actually READ posts here?  Seems like my issue is likely a simple one that the Engineers should be able to answer.   

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cody94549

Hey Cody!

So I do believe that you have to press and hold the Action button down for the headphones to activate the microphone.  Can you give that a try and let me know?

Thanks for being a part of the community and I hope that you have a wonderful New Years!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

Cody94549
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Sorry to take so long to reply back to this ... I haven't been using the headphones for a while. So I finally came back to this.

One thing I found out is that I don't have to say "OK GOOGLE" to get to the Assistant.  I simply press the BUTTON and Ask the Question.  I think that's where I was confused ...   It seems to be working properly so far now.  Thanks.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Cody,

No worries at all.  It does sound like the headphones are working as they should be now, please let me know if any issues arise?  More than happy to help.

I hope that you're doing well and please take the kindest care,

Shiloh