Highlighted
vxlomegav6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Are my MK1 QC35 on their way out / faulty?

My Bose QC35 headphones the first gen. which must be around 13 months old by now. Have been working fine up in till yesterday when I noticed the Left ear cup has developed a noise cancellation issue where it’s loud. Only way I know how to describe the sound it makes is it’s like the ocean at sea or loud white noise.

Now when I had the QC15 I had similar issues usually when they reach 1 year old. They always got replaced by Bose. But this time I bought it from www.very.co.uk so am unsure what to do.

They must be faulty. The symptoms are almost identical to those I had on some 5 pairs of QC15 headphones. I had hoped these new QC35 would have been better built.

The only good thing with the QC35 and the smartphone app. If you turn the noise cancellation off the ocean / white noise sound is no longer there. So it’s most definitely an issue with nose cancellation?

Doubtful there’s anything I can do. Plus that would void any warranty I may have. But seen as their over 12 months old I probably don’t have any warranty left.

Overall it’s a disappointment to see this happen again. But they are used daily for a few hours so I guess they do get a hard time.

Hopefully someone may have some advice or something.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
vxlomegav6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Re: Are my MK1 QC35 on their way out / faulty?

Regarding warranty.

Wouldn’t these QC35 headphones be covered under the The UK Sale of Goods Act that gives consumers some rights to refunds or free repairs for up to six years after the purchase of an item? They aren’t exactly budget headphone so would have expected them to last many years.

Re: Are my MK1 QC35 on their way out / faulty?

Hi vxlomegav6,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community and I'm sorry to hear that this issue is occurring.  I will DM you to see if I can assist further. 

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C