Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ondersar
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Are there any way to test anc?

Hi everyone.
I have bought a nc 700 couple weeks ago. I havent got any anc headphones before nc 700. Sometimes i hit my headphones to chair or something near my head while my headphones on my head. Is this harmful? After these hits, nothing change on audio quality but maybe anc microphones hurt. How can i test my headphones anc performance without my own subjective opinions? How can i know my anc work properly and 100 percent?
ps: sorry for my english, i am not native speaker. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Are there any way to test anc?

Author Accepted Answer selected by ondersar

I think you could tell if they were not working properly.  Maybe try with a constant sound source, then turn around the headphones so the left ear piece is on your right ear and right ear piece is on your left ear and see if you can tell any difference.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ondersar

I think you could tell if they were not working properly.  Maybe try with a constant sound source, then turn around the headphones so the left ear piece is on your right ear and right ear piece is on your left ear and see if you can tell any difference.

View solution in original post

ondersar
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

If i can hear any difference, is it should be broken? 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Well, if you hear more outside sound on the right, then turn the headphones around and you hear more outside sound on the left, I would say they might not be working properly.  Just make sure it's outside sound you are hearing.