Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a419826
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Attendees Hear me Typing if Mic Not Muted

I have a pair of QC 35 headphones and when paired with my laptop attendees on a skype or WebEx call can hear me typing "loudly". I assume the microphone is picking up this noise, is there anyway to minimize this?

Noise cancelling doesn't really have an impact.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Attendees Hear me Typing if Mic Not Muted

Hi a419826,

Thank you for posting and joining us in the community.

The microphone in the QC 35 headphones is tuned to pick up the typical frequencies of a human voice. Its volume is then automatically adjusted for softer or louder voices. There isn't any way to manually adjust the microphone response from the headphones themselves. If you feel yours are not doing this, then  I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Another possibility, as you are using the headphones with a computer, you may be able to find some settings in Skype or WebEx, or external software that is able to adjust the frequency response of the audio signal or act as a 'gate' that only allows audio over a certain volume through.

I'd love to invite the community to join in with this and let us know if you have found any software or settings on Skype or WebEx that you use with your headphones. It would be great to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!