Audio delay with every Firmware except 2.1.1 on Soundlink Around Ear 2 with TV audio

Strident Supporter

Audio delay with every Firmware except 2.1.1 on Soundlink Around Ear 2 with TV audio

Bought myself a new pair of Bose Soundlink Wireless 2 headphones today, to use them on my TV with Bluetooth build-in.

I paired them, they worked great with 2.1.1 installed.
Then I explored the Bose Connect App and did a Firmware Update to 2.2.6. on my Mac, since the App reported over 6 hours of download time.

After that, I noticed an audio delay which started to increase over time.

I dis- and reconnected the headphones a couple of times, the delay was always different from barely noticeable up to a full second.

After 30 minutes of frustration, I found out how to downgrade the Firmware back to 2.1.1 again by hitting "a" "d" "v" "<up arrow>" "<down arrow>" during the Firmware-search progress.

Now erverything works flawless again, no noticeable delay at all.

I just wanted to report this issue Smiley Happy

Soundtouch: Portable s2, 10 s3, 20 s1 + Controller, Wireless Link Adapter, Wave IV
Soundlink: AE2, OE
6 REPLIES
Strident Supporter

Re: Audio delay with Firmware 2.2.6 on new Soundlink Wireless 2 - fixed by downgrade back to 2.1.1

Sound delay is caused by the BT transmitter.

Strident Supporter

Yes, that was my first thought also.

But I didn't change the setup between the Firmware versions.

I didn't even turn off the TV while downgrading. The headphones reconnected again after installing 2.1.1 and the delay was gone.

There has to be a connection between the Firmware and my issue.

Tomorrow I will install the new Firmware again and do another test.

Soundtouch: Portable s2, 10 s3, 20 s1 + Controller, Wireless Link Adapter, Wave IV
Strident Supporter

So I gave it another try today and installed 2.2.6 with my iMac.

Same scenario, audio dealay up to 1 second. Switching back to 2.1.1 solves the issue and there is no delay anymore.

Maybe the whole "bluetooth sharing" feature takes the headphones an extra second to process, I don't know. This isn't an issue if you just listen to music, but it is a big one if you rely on audio/video synchronicity.

Anyway, I'm happy with my new headphones and I'll stay on 2.1.1.

Silent Starter

Re: Audio delay with Firmware 2.2.6 on new Soundlink Wireless 2 - fixed by downgrade back to 2.1.1

I can also reveal that the Audio lag with Firmware 1.3.0 on my Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones was resolved by downgrading to 1.1.5. Definitely a problem with the bluetooth sharing feature. Now I can watch video on my Android tablet with no noticeable lag.

Strident Supporter

So I tried 2.2.9 for two days now and it's definitly much better than 2.2.6, but the audio still slowly drifts out of synch up to a quater second. Going back to 2.1.1 now.

Strident Supporter

With v2.2.11 audio also starts in sync and slowly delays up to 250ms in 3 minutes. I find this behavior interesting, to be honest.

I use this video for testing and comparing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZl6vQ_8Uo&list=WL

v2.1.1 sometimes also has different delay times after pairing the headphones, but they always keep steady.

If you switch the headphones Off and back On again with v2.1.1 and the delay is little less to non recognizable, it stays that way.

Having a small audio delay is normal and I can live with that, but it's the delay-expanding with all firmare after v2.1.1 that annoys me. 

YouTube audio is late on a few platforms/computers we tested. Please let us know how the sync is for you using our video utility! More Apple Juice Coming Soon! Thanks! DJO Video Details: 30 FPS, AVC Main Concept compression, 44.1 Khz Audio.