Bought myself a new pair of Bose Soundlink Wireless 2 headphones today, to use them on my TV with Bluetooth build-in.
I paired them, they worked great with 2.1.1 installed.
Then I explored the Bose Connect App and did a Firmware Update to 2.2.6. on my Mac, since the App reported over 6 hours of download time.
After that, I noticed an audio delay which started to increase over time.
I dis- and reconnected the headphones a couple of times, the delay was always different from barely noticeable up to a full second.
After 30 minutes of frustration, I found out how to downgrade the Firmware back to 2.1.1 again by hitting "a" "d" "v" "<up arrow>" "<down arrow>" during the Firmware-search progress.
Now erverything works flawless again, no noticeable delay at all.
I just wanted to report this issue
Yes, that was my first thought also.
But I didn't change the setup between the Firmware versions.
I didn't even turn off the TV while downgrading. The headphones reconnected again after installing 2.1.1 and the delay was gone.
There has to be a connection between the Firmware and my issue.
Tomorrow I will install the new Firmware again and do another test.
So I gave it another try today and installed 2.2.6 with my iMac.
Same scenario, audio dealay up to 1 second. Switching back to 2.1.1 solves the issue and there is no delay anymore.
Maybe the whole "bluetooth sharing" feature takes the headphones an extra second to process, I don't know. This isn't an issue if you just listen to music, but it is a big one if you rely on audio/video synchronicity.
Anyway, I'm happy with my new headphones and I'll stay on 2.1.1.
I can also reveal that the Audio lag with Firmware 1.3.0 on my Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones was resolved by downgrading to 1.1.5. Definitely a problem with the bluetooth sharing feature. Now I can watch video on my Android tablet with no noticeable lag.
So I tried 2.2.9 for two days now and it's definitly much better than 2.2.6, but the audio still slowly drifts out of synch up to a quater second. Going back to 2.1.1 now.
With v2.2.11 audio also starts in sync and slowly delays up to 250ms in 3 minutes. I find this behavior interesting, to be honest.
I use this video for testing and comparing
v2.1.1 sometimes also has different delay times after pairing the headphones, but they always keep steady.
If you switch the headphones Off and back On again with v2.1.1 and the delay is little less to non recognizable, it stays that way.
Having a small audio delay is normal and I can live with that, but it's the delay-expanding with all firmare after v2.1.1 that annoys me.