cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srehne
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

BOSE 700 a big disappointment - it is loosing PC (Macbook Pro) connection when phone receives call

Hi

After having been a very loyal customer - with many Bose headsets "behind me" - I am really disappointed about Bose 700. My QC35 seemed much more stable. 

My problem is: I love the headset for being able to listen to music on my Macbook Pro - and then switch to the phone if a call arrives.

But Bose 700 actually disconnects from the Macbook Pro when a call arrives - and this means that I can't continue video/music on the Macbook when the phone call is over.

This was something that worked "near perfectly" on my QC35.

I've tried resetting the bluetooth connection on the headset.

Kind Regards

Søren Rehné

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
srehne
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Re: BOSE 700 a big disappointment - it is loosing PC (Macbook Pro) connection when phone receives...

Author Accepted Answer selected by srehne

Problem solved!!!

After upgrading to the last Mac OS X ... the problem has been fixed!

Which might show it was a Mac OS X problem 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: BOSE 700 a big disappointment - it is loosing PC (Macbook Pro) connection when phone receives...

Hi srehne, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am deeply sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would like to know if the connection is fully removed from the device or are you assuming that is is as the audio does not continue to play? I would also like to know which mobile device you have?

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other community users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
srehne
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Hi again.

I have a 

- Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

- Samsung Galaxy S9+

The behaviour is as follows:

I have both devises connect to my headset. And I listen to music (Spotify) on my mac.

A call arrives on the phone and the headset "switches" to the sound connection on the phone.

But at the same time the Bluetooth connection disappears on the mac.

After the call has completed I then have to go to the Bluetooth menu and request "Connect" for the headset to get connected to the mac again.

I hope this explanation helps you.

Kind Regards

Søren Rehné 

Jeff_G

Hello srehne, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and thank you for providing us with the additional information.

Do you have another smartphone that you can test this with? 

Additionally, can you please try to unpair the headphones from your MacBook pro then establish a new connection to see if the issue persists.

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
srehne
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

I don't have another phone. 

But I tried my old QC35 - Series 2 headset  - and it also disconnected.

So it could be a Mac OS X 10.14.6 bluetooth problem 😉 

Kind Regards

Søren Rehné

Vicky_W

Hello Srehne, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As it is occurring over 2 headsets, I would advise speaking with Apple to see if this is something they are aware of and if they have a workaround. 

Please update us as soon as you know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

srehne
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by srehne

Problem solved!!!

After upgrading to the last Mac OS X ... the problem has been fixed!

Which might show it was a Mac OS X problem 😉

View solution in original post