Highlighted
Tomdehua
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

BOSE QC 35 II Microphone is activated the entire time while connected to Android Phone

Hello everyone. I am owning a Bose QC 35 II and experiening some problems with it. The mircophone is activated when I'm calling someone and I can hear my voice on my own headset, which is super annoying. Even when it is silent you hear the crackle and other sound from the mic. When you scratch on the mic the sound is super loud. I takes away all the purpose of noise cancelling because all Sound get picked up and played onto my ear which is exactly what I don't want. Please tell me how to turn off the sound of my own voice while calling. Using a Xiaomi Pocophone.
1 REPLY 1

Re: BOSE QC 35 II Microphone is activated the entire time while connected to Android Phone

Hey Tomdehua,

Thank you for writing into the community. Just to clarify, these communication microphones are only active when the Hands-Free profile signal is sent from the phone to the headphones. For example, during a call. 

Also, hearing your voice is intended, and this feature is called Sidetone which helps to make for a natural feeling conversation. 

Please test the headphones when you're not in a call and share what is happening. This is when the Noise canceling microphones are active. 

Let us know when you have the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support