DamLop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

BOSE QC II Temporary low sound quality after power on

For the majority of the time I have owned the qc35s I have become acquainted with a frustrating bug where from the moment I turn the headphones on, the sound quality becomes poor and incredibly muddy for a minute then suddenly returns to its normal sound quality for the remainder I have them on. This is my second pair since I got my first one replaced due to the same issue. It’s not a major bug but it is incredibly infuriating for a product of this quality and price. If anyone has the same issue or has any sort of solution please reach out.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: BOSE QC II Temporary low sound quality after power on

To help people help you (I do not work for bose), let people know if you are playing off a smart device or if you are playing off a computer.  If computer is it a mac or windows machine and are you using the HFP profile (low quality mon for voice over IP apps) or the A2DP profile (used for stereo streaming).

DamLop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

I play off both an iPad and a MacBook. The bug is persistent on the iPad but less so on my MacBook 

Hi DamLop, 

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue, it's definitely and unusual one.

When we are playing from the iPad and MacBook are we using the Bluetooth connection or the cable? And do we experience this issue with either connection or just one?

One thing we can try with these as a starting point would be checking for any updates fro your headphones from btu.bose.com and also checking for any available updates on the iPad and MacBook to see if bringing all the devices fully up to date helps.

All the best.

Keith - Community Support -