cybermonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

BOSE QC35 Active Noise cancellation is very weak and audio quality is poor......

Hi everyone, I bought my qc35 last week in Japan and this is my first bose product. In my country, a lot of people have a faith for BOSE Brand. If you ask others that you want to buy a nosie cancel headset, everyone will recommand you to try Bose. Any reviews on the website or social media is very positive for bose qc product. Every reviews will emphasize that QC35 have a wonderful noise cancel effect and mediocre audio quality. So I have these faith as well until I really get my own QC35......

First thing first, I dont know if all qc35 have fireware issues like other threads complained. In a lot of reviews they said that qc35 will give you a quiet enviorment, BUT it really frustrates me. I take subway every single day. On the subway, I can hear air-condition nosie and people talking and the subway nosie itselfs. The nosie cancellation effect is very slightly. Compared to my other headphone "Parrot Zik 3.0", it is obviously worse than Parrot. I dont know why!!! 

The second thing is poor auido qulity. I know QC is not good at this so I dont expect more. But it frustrates me again. I dont know how to descirbe my experience but only thing I can say it is not very clear. I connect it to my macbook wirelessly. It seems better than my phone but not much. You can try listening "ROAR" which singed by Katy Perry. You will understand my feeling.

My complaint are done. I hope all the issues can be fixed by firmware update in the future. For $400 cost, I have other selections such as Sony mdr1000x......Sorry for my poor English because mandarin is my mother language. 

6 REPLIES 6
cybermonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Re: BOSE QC35 Active Noise cancellation is very weak and audio quality is poor......

By the way, my fireware is 1.2.x....

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: BOSE QC35 Active Noise cancellation is very weak and audio quality is poor......

cybermonster

Thanks for the post. Have you tried resetting the headset?

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If that doesn't work, we would suggest contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Tony

cybermonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Thank you for your reply. I would like to know how I can confirm if reset is successful?? Resetting is not downgrade firmware, right ??

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

cybermonster

Thanks for the update. You are correct, rebooting the headset is not a downgrade feature. The best way to test your headphones after rebooting them is to see how they are operating after performing the reboot.

Let us know

Tony

joecelento
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

Cybermonster, your comments are spot on.  I love Bose Products and whenever I can afford I choose Bose.  But the QC35 are a dissapointment, Noise cancelling is only 1/2 of the noises, I still can hear everyone or even just one person talking.  Music Sound Quality is poor, but like you I expected that from the reviews, I really enjoy music but mostly wanted to drown out people and crying babies on airplane trips.   I am returning my QC35's and going to look at your suggestions.

BTW your English is fine!

cybermonster
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

hi I did not return my qc35 because of its comfort experience. It has been 4 month since I post this thread. I use it every day. The weight of qc35 is very light that make you feel good after 1-2 hours wearing it. Comfort is important thing that make you want to use it every day. According to my previous complaints, I can bear it now. Compared to Sony MDR 1000X,qc35 fail in the sound quality. MDR have more strong base and clear voice(it supports aptx bose not) , but it is more heavy and it can not cover your entire ear. By the way B&O H9 is another choice for you.