rnperki
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

BOSE QC35 II - cannot pair to my laptops

I have just paid £329 for a pair of what is supposed to be the worlds best noise cancelling headphones. 

However I cannot pair them to either of my laptops which is where I wanted to use them primarily 

I am running a Lenovo T450s and a Dell Elitebook both running Windows 10 

The headphones connect to my iphone fine, but am now having to use a wire to connect to my laptop which kind of defeats the object of paying all this money! 

Anyone got any solutions other than update the bluetooth drivers on your laptop. 

Both laptops see the headphones and when you try and pair it just says failed to pair 

Not happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rnperki
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Re: BOSE QC35 II - cannot pair to my laptops

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Thank you, 

I had already reached this conclusion, I had cleared the pairing list and updated to the latest firmware on the headphones (2.1) 

They are now paired do my laptop and phone toghether. 

I think the clearing of the pair list is what did the trick, 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey rnperki,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the community, I'm glad that you did. I can help.  Let's start with a couple steps with the headphones:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list.  To do that just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  Once it is, make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists then test out that connection again.  Let me know how this goes?

I hope that you're doing well, please take care,

Shiloh - Bose support 

rnperki
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Thank you, 

I had already reached this conclusion, I had cleared the pairing list and updated to the latest firmware on the headphones (2.1) 

They are now paired do my laptop and phone toghether. 

I think the clearing of the pair list is what did the trick, 

View solution in original post