Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Battery Draining in Power OFF Mode - QC 30

Hi,

I have my QC 30 &  fully charged it (100%) and switched off (Power OFF) completeley .  I just Powered on after 12 Hours the battery drained 10% without using.  Again switched off and powered on after 12 Hours the available battery level is 40% displayed on the app. Is there any problem with the unit caz the device was completely switched off but still the battery is draining .

Please guide me how to overcome from this ?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Battery Draining in Power OFF Mode - QC 30

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry that the battery in your QC30 headphones doesn't seem to be lasting. How long have you had the headphones and how often do you use them?

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Im using this for last 1 year 2 months. Max once in a month im using it. But i never tested it like this
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again Suresh,

Thanks for the speedy response. After just over a year, and with that amount of use, the battery shouldn't be draining this quickly. It might be an idea to leave the headphones running until they automatically shut down due to low battery and charge them back up again to see if this resolves the issue.

While it isn't a good idea to let lithium-ion batteries fully discharge, continuous partial discharge can decrease the accuracy of the power gauge. Would you mind discharging the headphones until they switch off and give them a full charge overnight, please? This will help us determine whether the battery is failing to hold charge or whether the device is estimating the remaining life incorrectly.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Patrick .
Yes . When power on the device the battery was completely drained i.e unable to switch on. Then i charged it again 100/% then powered on. But facing the highlighted issue.tnx
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

In that case, Suresh, I would suggest calling our Technical Support line. To do so, please select your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Patrick

As suggested I spoke to local customer care but suprised with their reply, caz I was told that if there is a problem with Battery there are no options to change the battery alone .

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Patrick

Once the battery is drained fully , I charged it 100% and start using it.  Here below my Analysis

1.  Battery fully charged and used it for  3 1/2 Hours and the battery level come down to 60%. 

2.  I switched (Power) off the device completely at battery level 60% and switched on after 8Hours , then the battery level come down to 30% ( Please note : the device was not on standby mode , it was completely switched off.)   

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Suresh,

Very strange. It sounds as though the battery is draining correctly when the headphones are in use, but continues to drain faster than it should when the headphones are powered off. Did Technical Support offer you an exchange option?

All the best,

Patrick - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi Patrick
I called support ref my message i sent. They said there are no options to replace the battery but asking me to buy new less 25% discount. Surprised why to spend again .