Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery Life for: QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones — Apple devices

Hello All,

I'm strongly considering the QC 20 Noise Cancelling headphones. I was about to purchase a pair, when I saw a CNET review that made a good point: eventually the rechargable battery in this headset will die. I'm buying this headset mainly for the noise cancelling feature so that is a big deal for me.

I've tried searching for what happens in this scenario but have been unable to find an answer, so I have 2 quick questions regarding this topic: 
1) How is the overall/long-term battery life (in years, recharge cycles, etc...)? Does Bose provide a waranttee/guaruntee on how long it will last?

2) What happens when you need to replace the battery (cost, turn arount time, etc...)? Does Bose make it easy?

Thank you very much,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Battery Life for: QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones — Apple devices

maxemoose36

Thanks for the update. All of our headphones come with a 1 year warranty which would also cover the battery. As far as service options after the warranty period, that is something that you would need to contact support using the link provided.

Did that help?

Tony

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Battery Life for: QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones — Apple devices

maxemoose36,

Thanks for the post. That's a great question. The battery on the QC20 provides approximately 16 hours of service when fully charged. This length of time varies with the noise level where the headphones are used. The expected life span of the battery is approximately 500 charging cycles. When you do eventually need a new battery, HERE is a link to your local Bose support. They would be able to give you the available service options for your headphones. Click on your country, scroll down to contact us.

Let us know if you need anything else

Tony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your prompt response. 

I still have a few unanswered questions. I followed the link you provided but Bose doesn't state anything about battery replacement. My fear is shelling out $250 for these headphones, the battery dying in a year (or worse, sooner than that!), and then being expected to pay another $250 for a new set even though a new battery might cost only $5-$10. Do you have any insight on battery replacement cost, and repair time? 

Also, what is the warranty period on these headphones? 1 year?

Thanks again,

Max

This widget could not be displayed.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

maxemoose36

Thanks for the update. All of our headphones come with a 1 year warranty which would also cover the battery. As far as service options after the warranty period, that is something that you would need to contact support using the link provided.

Did that help?

Tony

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have contacted support to answer my additional questions. Thank you! 

Trent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

What is the answer?
Can the battery be replaced
Or do you have to buy all over again?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trent : getting an answer  from Bose was like pulling teeth. I must have spoken to 3 representatives from Bose and none of them could give me a straight answer. Basically Bose will replace them, but no one would tell me how much that actually costs once the warranty expires (which is insane). 
In the end I bought this item off of Amazon and bought a 3 year protection plan to guard against battery failure. I've been using the headphones for a few months now and everything is well with them (although I think the noise cancelling abilities must be way better on the over-the-ear headphones...the earbuds are just OK).
Hope this helps,

Max

Trent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Thank you
Although it's odd you can't get a price
As it does influence the thought process.
I'd like to think they will live up to a reputation of quality and customer satisfaction.
But that being the case
It's a wonder they just don't come out and say wat the deal is.
It's a lot of money otherwise.

coreyZ
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Hi Max

i bought the QC20i headphones 2 years ago. for the first year i was using them for about an hour a day, then after 15 months i moved 2 hours away from my job and i use them for almost 5 hours per day.  at about 18 months the battery life started to diminish, and i now get between 6-8 hours per charge out of them.  I have been back to the Bose store, and i can trade them in for a replacment pair at a cost of $300 (full price is about $370).  i am fairly certian i have not reached 500 charges, in fact it would be well under 200.  The Bose staff told me it shouldnt have degraded so much by now, but there is nothing they can do but a trade in.  I have considered looking elsewhere but not sure i would get a better product (despite my disappointment

Corey

coreyZ
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Tony - i find your answer interesting for this product as you cannot replace the battery on the QC20's