Highlighted
zmorrie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Bluetooth Interference/Stuttering with SoundLink II

I've had these headphones for about a year and they're great when there's no interference, but there are certain areas outdoors -- especially street intersections -- that always cause a stuttering sort of interference. The sound goes in and out constantly to the point where I have to pause my music at each intersection until I'm across. Is there some way to fix this? It's driving me nuts.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bluetooth Interference/Stuttering with SoundLink II

Hi zmorrie,

Thank you for being a part of the community!  That's interesting but it makes sense that a heavily populated area could cause some interference.  I have a couple steps that we can take to try to minimize this effect.  Let's start with a reset of the headphones, I'm including the steps for this below for you:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Once you have completed the reset I would recommend clearing the paired device list on the headphones as well.  To clear the list you'll want to slide the power switch all the way upwards to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists as well, then you can reestablish the connection. 

Let me know if these steps help at all?

Have a wonderful night and take care,

Shiloh_C 

zmorrie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Thanks for the help. I followed these steps and I don't think it helped much. Maybe a tiny bit. But there's definitely still interference, especially when I'm at street corners. What is the next step?

Hello zmorrie, 

You can also try to update your headphones. You can do so by going to http://btu.bose.com and downloading the Bose Updater. Once properly downloaded and installed onto your computer, please plug your headphones in and if an update is available, an "Apply Changes" button will appear. You will need to click on it to launch the update. An alternative would be to update your headphones using the Connect App. 

Kind regards, 

Irina_I

zmorrie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Hi,

I think something is wrong. I go to the website and download the Bose updater installer exe, but when I run it the only thing that happens is that in the lower-right task launcher there's a Bose icon that allows me to open the Bose software updater website again. If I do that, I just go through the process to downloader the installer again. I can't get anywhere after "installing" the Bose updater. This is even when I have the headphones plugged in.

zmorrie,

That certainly does sound unusual.  Are you able to download the update using the Bose Connect app on your mobile device? 

Thank you,

Shiloh_C  

zmorrie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

I tried. When I use the app it doesn't recognize any devices even though I'm wearing them, they're on, and I have the phone in my hand at the same time. There doesn't seem to be any way to refresh the app or have it try to search again for devices.

Hey zmorrie, 

Thanks for trying that, I'm very sorry to hear it isn't helping. I'm thinking your headphones may be experiencing a deeper issue so I will reach out to you via DM to assist further.

Take care,

Shiloh_C