royceterrence14
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Bluetooth Pairing Q35 To MacBook Pro

can connect bose qc35 noise cancelling wireless headphones to MacBook Pro through bluetooth ?

2 REPLIES 2
JSF
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Re: Bluetooth Pairing Q35 To MacBook Pro

I have mine connedted to my 2017 MacBook Pro via bluetooth.  Works fine.

Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth Pairing Q35 To MacBook Pro

royceterrence14,

Thanks for your post!  You absolutely can pair your QC35s and your MacBook Pro via Bluetooth.  I've included some steps below for you for reference:

1. Verify the Mac is not currently paired to any another Bluetooth audio devices that have been paired to the Mac. If it has a Mac branded Bluetooth keyboard and mouse they do not need to be disconnected. For information on determining what devices are paired to a Mac, see Determining paired/connected devices on a computer
  2. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen
  3. In the Apple menu, click "System Preferences..."
  4. Click the Bluetooth icon. The Bluetooth settings window will appear 

5. If "Bluetooth: Off" is shown on the left of the window, click the Turn Bluetooth On button below it
  6. On the headset, slide the power button all the way to the right and hold until you hear "Ready to pair" or you see the Bluetooth indicator blinking blue
  7. On the computer, the Bose QuietComfort headset should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices 

8. Select Pair. You will hear "Connected to [device name]" and the Bluetooth indicator will glow solid white 

9. Hit the back button in the upper left corner to return to the System Preferences
  10. Click the Sound icon 

11. Click on Output tab
  12. Select the "Bose QuietComfort" headset 

13. Click on Input tab
  14. Select the "Bose QuietComfort" headset 

15. Close out of the System Preferences menu by clicking the red circle in the upper left corner
  16. Play an audio source (i.e. iTunes) to ensure the Bluetooth audio connection is working

Let me know if you need any help? 

Thanks so much and have a great day,

Shiloh_C ​​​​​​​