Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Bluetooth disconnects iOS

I have a pair of QC35 II running 3.1.8 firmware and an iPad Pro running 10.1.4

Every few minutes (about 15-20) the Bluetooth connection drops, the headphones announce their charge level and then reconnect.

It’s massively frustrating.

I’ve searched everywhere and I see this problem frequently and the fix seems to be to install 3.1.8 firmware but I already have that.

Things I’ve tried numerous times: Reboot iPad. Re-pair Bluetooth. Fully charge both devices etc etc and it still happens.

Please can somebody help me before I throw one or both devices out the window!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bluetooth disconnects iOS

Hello Pagemakers,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating issues you've been experiencing here, and would be happy to look into this for you!

With regards to your issue here, can I ask that you try the following? 

1) Can you clear the Bluetooth list on your QC35 II? This can be done by holding the flick switch towards Bluetooth for 10 seconds, whereby you're prompted with "Bluetooth device list cleared" Followed by "Ready to connect". Then "forget this device" from your Ipad and try and pair again.

2) Ensure that your headphones are within range of the the Ipad, and that there is not anything that could interfere with the signal, such as another active Bluetooth device next to this, or something physically blocking the signal, like a thick cabinet or wall.

3) Check if you're having the same connection issues with another Bluetooth device, such as a phone, another tablet, or a computer.

If you have attempted the above and are still having issues, please get back in touch with us!

Liam

Community support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Re: Bluetooth disconnects iOS

That didn’t work. Headphones have been returned to Bose for a replacement.