Highlighted
Zeb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Bluetooth drop outs on new QC35 ii

Just got a new pair of QC35 and bluetooth drops out around every 15 mins. When I say drops out the music stutters for a split second.

Tried all settings i can think of on my Samsung Note 9. Tried different locations and different music sources plus phone is literally two foot away from the headphones.

Any suggestions please?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bluetooth drop outs on new QC35 ii

Hi Zeb,

Thanks for posting. That is unfortunate to hear. We would like to help by gathering a little more information if possible.

• What troubleshooting have you already tried?: 
  • Are you able to try the headphones on another mobile device temporarily for troubleshooting?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Zeb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Hi Tony,

I believe I've the solution. Changed the codec from AAC to SBC. No drop outs so far but I'll update after further testing.

Are Bose aware of any codec issues between Android os and its AAC codec support please?

The reason I ask is that I believe the headphones defaulted to AAC out of the box. This may cause other users to encounter similar problems.

Hi Zeb,

Thanks for posting. I am glad that you were able to get it to work properly. I am unaware of any issues with AAC and Android. I will look into it and post whatever I find here.

Regards,

Tony G 

Zeb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Unfortunately the problem isn't resolved.

Hi Zeb,

Thanks for letting us know. Could I ask were you able to try the headset on another mobile device to see if the issue is consistent over multiple devices? I think that would be the best way to start. 

Regards,

Tony G