Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHLowlight
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Bose 700 - Bose Music App Issues

Hi All, 

New set of Bose 700 headphones arrived and I am having an App issue?

on my IPhone I installed the music app, and initially all connected fine, got the app set up and linked to the Bose site, then added my Sirius account. After that things are weird? 

There is no music link, I cannot connect through the app, and on the phone it drops the connection a lot. . Seems like a lot of the app is missing? With that I connected to my IPad...

again located my headphones no problem but I cannot connect to any music unless I leave the app and play iTunes. Inside the App it’s just a play and pause with no music tab. 

I don’t have a voice assistant set up, not sure if that matters?  Am I missing a step or companion App?

I have screen shots but don’t see an image link, and not sure if I need to turn something on or off, I saw a pop up blocker might be the cause, or something else, maybe missing an update ? 

thanks in advance, sure it’s a simple fix but I’ve gone app blind. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Bose Music App Issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by SHLowlight

There was a previous post about this, the user had added alternate music services via the app but couldn't find any way to stream music from them within the Music app. Bose responded, stating that music services are only available to stream if you're using their speakers; not with the NC700 headphones. 

So you're not doing anything wrong, the "feature" simply doesn't apply when using headphones. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by SHLowlight

There was a previous post about this, the user had added alternate music services via the app but couldn't find any way to stream music from them within the Music app. Bose responded, stating that music services are only available to stream if you're using their speakers; not with the NC700 headphones. 

So you're not doing anything wrong, the "feature" simply doesn't apply when using headphones. 

View solution in original post

Vicky_W

Hey SHLowlight,

Welcome! 

@lunchman is correct, you are unable to stream music through the Bose Music app with the NC 700's. You can, however, run these services on your phone and listen to them that way! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SHLowlight
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for the reply, 

There actually is no way to access the music on the App, it just doesn't exist 

But I appreciate the response and will figure out my next steps, sort of shortchanges the point and the few extra dollars over the QCII 

The App should work, it does not, would have expected a bit more from it.