Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

If changing from 10 minutes to 1 hour is a firmware update, why can't the Bose Music App be updated to have the user do the selection?  Make options for 10 min, 1 hr, 3 hrs, 6hrs, 9hrs, 12hrs.  I think that might be better for traveling on planes, riding in cars or even meditating  and sleeping.   At some point the user will physically move and the time resets but having options is always better.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I just flew 12 hours. The only reason I bought the bose was to use the noise cancelling on the flight. Needless to say I kept being woken up with the noise cancelling shutting off. I then had to return them off. Happened to me 4 times. Needless to say not a good sleep. If this was known to the buyers prior I doubt anyone would buy such headphones. Extremely frustrated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

So, you have "designed" a "feature" that we can't change and headphones we can't fall asleep with even if we CHOOSE to. 

I HATE this feature and will return my pair and let all contacts on social media k ow about it. 

By the many many tickets and threads on this si gke issue, you should have offered a fix by now. SHAMEFULL. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

I second that....

What is the point of auto off after 1 hour? I mean in the app you have the option 8for auto off without the sensor kicking in. There is no point for it. 

I have seriously had it with Bose . So disappointed. I mean if I want to the unit to turn off ,I should be able to set it in the app just like the qc35 used to before even that headphone went South with the firmware update(another thread)..

One hour is SIMPLY not a solution. Just cancel the option..it's idiotic. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

@rudabb wrote:

I second that....

What is the point of auto off after 1 hour? I mean in the app you have the option 8for auto off without the sensor kicking in. There is no point for it. 

I have seriously had it with Bose . So disappointed. I mean if I want to the unit to turn off ,I should be able to set it in the app just like the qc35 used to before even that headphone went South with the firmware update(another thread)..

One hour is SIMPLY not a solution. Just cancel the option..it's idiotic. 

Completely agree, I’m done with Bose, ordered my Bang and Olufsen and gave away my (useless) NC 700s.  What an idiotic product decision, it cost you a lot of dedicated customers.  So long, I’m off of this site and away from Bose forever.  Good luck everyone!  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I think what everyone should understand as a backdrop to this fiasco is that Bose most likely has a huge battery consumption issue and this is their way of covering it up.....the 2nd time around.  Picture 30 hours life for Sony, 20 hours for Bose, even with the ridiculous auto off feature.

I do not know for sure, but I would very much expect they are simply continuing to try and cover up the woeful battery performance with their ridiculous non-"fix" of the 700's.  They let people have full control and they expose the very less competitive battery life.

Oh the webs we weave......

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I honestly think they were just trying to add a feature people would like. When a customer took their headphones off this unit would do an auto-shut-off for them to save battery and frustration. Sadly it backfired when people kept them on their head and didn’t move and they shut off. Not a very well thought out decision at some poor level of management. It’s killing them in market share. Sadly. It may not be now, but give it a few months then they will see the numbers down. But their main focus maybe in other areas so they probably don’t care. I hope this gets changed around. This should be brought to someone’s attention at a decent high level of management in this headphone division at Bose. But again. It may never get that much attention depending on their priorities. Their probably working on a newer headphone at this point and just may skip over this and put it under the rug. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Just so everyone knows. Skull Candy (Crusher ANC), Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Sony’s h.ear on 3 WH-H910N and Phillips PH 805 are all releasing in Sept & Oct. I’m sure there will be more to see with other brands in Jan. For CES. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Same for me.

I listen to podcasts to help me get to sleep only to be woken by a very loud auto shut down tone.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

When you increase the auto off time please consider getting rid of the LOUD shutdown tone which is even more annoying than auto shutdown itself.