Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

@bose, please provide an update to this issue.  It's a big pain and very frustrating not to be able to disable this auto off motion feature.  I have now resorted to my QC15 headphones because it's just a nuisance having to re-turn on the NC700 headphones every 10 minutes.

Tp2wxc
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Same here.  The NC 700 jolted me awake for the last time.  I’m now using my reliable QC25.  Although it is not up to par, at least I know I won’t have to move my head every few minutes

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

@bose, so disappointed! So sad I cannot use my NC700 headphones due to the auto motion off feature...

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Well I guess we are stuck with this issue.  Just disappointed I cannot use my nc700 headphones..

DrRico
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

I sincerely hope that this is fixable via a firmware update.  I was on a 12 hour flight and they kept waking me up 😞  I arrived to give a sales pitch half asleep and not nearly as quick thinking.  Bose, where are you?  We are your fans!  I would like to know now so I can sell them while they're still newish to people who don't use them like I do.

Btsncats
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Got these for sleep and to help with PTSD triggered by loud noises. Imagine my surprise when they played a LOUD sound suddenly after 10 minutes all night. I can’t believe a company would force a user to move every 10 minutes (or hour) to keep using the headphones and punish them with an arbitrarily loud noise if they fall asleep or don’t move. Even when streaming music or white noise! Should have a label: headphones only operate while moving. NO ONE would buy them.

I can’t believe 2 months of no action. That’s plenty of time to dev and test this fix. At this point, it’s a choice for Bose to keep this going. Guess this noise canceling product is not for people with PTSD or that don’t like to be startled. Hello Sony. 

Vinc3
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

I live in a noisy environment and am using the headphones for sleeping. I would really like to see the timer configurable, so I can keep using it. What is especially annoying, is that the headset makes noise when it turns itself off. This of course wakes you up again.

Could you please give a status update on this feature? Will it be built and when can we expect it?

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

@bose, please advise to when this issue is going to have some resolution.   This feature is annoying. 

ElChupacabra
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

This issue has been raised in several other threads too. Come on Bose! Also the extension to 1 hour never arrived, right? When can we expect a firmware update here? I use the headphone for calls in the office with skype for business and it happens all the time that I will try to answer a call and the headphones had switched off already 😞 Super annoying...

Just let us know if you are still working on it, pleeeease!!

Mao
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello all. 

I've just found out about this enlightening thread after trying to take a nap with my new NC700s! 

Well, I do not know about the rest of you, but if after several months all Bose is going to do is increase a tiny bit the time limit on this nonsense of auto-shut-off (by the way not mentioned in their product specification), I surely know what to do.

I'm returning them today, already contacted the Bose service in my area.  And I have also already ordered the SONY WH-1000XM3, arriving tomorrow 🙂

Cheers!