Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikeremax
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

Is there any solution to this? Major major flaw. How does one sleep or meditate?

virtustilus
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

@Mikeremax I have an idea. It's possible to meditate on yacht )) Waves will make movements and Bose won't sleep )

Mikeremax
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

The box didn't specify whether or not the intended use would be for those who live on a yacht. 

Can someone on Bose's behalf reply please?

Otherwise I'm returning mine. Just purchased yesterday.

Other thing, the volume is way too loud for the times it turns off and on, very disturbing if one is sleeping/meditating.

Itsonlymee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Yes hopefully. But it does look like they (Sennheiser) will have the best of both worlds of Sony and Bose. You can connect to 2 devices, etc. The specs is on their website and according to everyone that went to the IFA in Germany last month, they are to be released in Oct. so I’m counting down the days! I am so glad I returned these Bose headphones when I did and I’m not stuck with them. I feel terrible for everyone that is stuck with them. It will probably be months before they figure this out! If at all! 

Otmar
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I have owned almost every Bose headset in the QC line. Still own QC25, QC20, QC35 II, NC 700. Recently purchased NC 700 and I absolutely love them. ONE big issue though: If you trying to meditate and lay motionless it will turn off 2 times in 30 minute period making them completely unusable for meditation and also if you trying to sleep on the plane and block the noise . If that will not be configurable in the future I will return the NC 700. 

I can not believe that I had to spent a lot of time to even find out that the issue of auto off is not a fault in the product but hidden undisclosed feature.

chris@schwartzbauer.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I just purchased the 700 headphones.  I am extremely disappointed about the motionless shut off feature!   It seems that your design should have had a software shut off for this feature.  I juts spent $400 on these headphones to help me sleep on the plane!  That should be a very common use case!

RedPill
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Only thing Bose understands is you returning your recent purchase....

spiritofdiscovery
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Yep, I’m about to return mine and go with Sennheiser. And I’m generally a pretty loyal customer. This is one of the most disappointing bugs. And it can probably be fixed in less than a day. And here we are. Still waiting. Seriously, what happened to thinking of the customer?

Itsonlymee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I’m not sure they even understand the returns they have and will have over this bad decision. So sad. 

Itsonlymee
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Yep I’m waiting for any day for them to release these new Sennheiser’s! I looked at the new Bowers and Wilkins PX7’s but wasn’t so impressed. Although they also connect with 2 devices.  They look to be a bit heavier with less bells and whistles.