Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

@all: I am not convinced anyone from Bose is still listening to this thread. Otherwise we would have at least received an answer by now, whether we can expect a new feature or no

Let's make ourselves heard by calling them by phone: https://www.bose.com/en_us/contact_us.html

They cannot ignore us any longer! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

I have earbuds from Bose also and 2 days ago I had to use them because of noice and I got message in application from Bose team that they tried to create safe device that will help many people, but they have to now accept that they failed with hardware and ready to take all devices back and return money. However mine buds work quite well, I won't return 🙂 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Bose NC 700 auto off firmware update

I am a frequent flyer and use noise cancelling headphones to sleep on long haul flights. I travel Business Class with a flat bed. I upgraded from the Quiet Comfort 2 to the 700’s. However, the 700’s kept turning off (both NC and music playback) constantly during my first flight. Checking the options I noted there is a “never” turn off automatically option. Thinking I had solved the problem for the return flight I was wrong. I went back to Bose and was told by the knowledgeable manager that there is an auto off feature that cannot be turned off. In summary if the headphones do not sense movement for 10 minutes they will turn off. I must sleep quite still in 10 minute intervals! This feature makes the headphones useless to me but would be easily rectified by increasing the auto off to say 1 hour. I love the headphones but will have to take them back if this issue isn’t resolved.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hi Jeff

Just wondering if there is any plan to address this issue with a software update or something like that? I have the same issue as the others who use the headphones for meditation, which is all about being still. If there is no such plan then it would be good to know. If this is the case I would want to return my headphones as they will not be suitable for me. 

Many thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Gosh I should have posted this yesterday for you all! There is an update! Here is what Bose said from this forum...

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

Hey everyone,

@imvasyl  You are correct! The firmware with the increase in the auto-off timer to 1-hour is now live! There are other improvements included which you can read about here . The update is already available on the Bose Music app, and it will be available on the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) very soon.

We said we would love to hear from you and we would! Please respond to this thread once you’ve downloaded the update and used it for a while and let us know your thoughts on the changes.

All the best,

Anne (from Bose)

as a side note. 1 guy from that forum  said that he left his headphones on a pillow for 3.5 hours after he did the firmware update and it didn’t turn off! He thought they had changed the sensitivity level some as well. FYI. I wish you all the best of luck! 😁

Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 auto off firmware update

Hi MGS, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I appreciate your feedback and would love to let you know that the auto-off timer has been adjusted to one hour after no motion is detected! You can read all the information on the new update here.

You can update your headphones by either connecting them to a PC and performing a manual update via our online updater here or by connecting your headphones to the Bose Music App and allowing the headphones to auto-update. 

Please let us know on your thoughts and feelings after updating your headphones, if any other users have also done the latest update please share your feedback. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

As requested, I am chiming in on the undocumented feature - "motionless shutoff".  Please remove this feature immediately, or I must reluctantly return this headphones.  Nowhere is this feature disclosed, or I would never have purchased this expensive device.  This feature makes the headphones useless for my purposes.  I wear them to help me sleep, by reducing all external noises such as snoring partners or on long flights.  Of course, I will be motionless during these times ... that is the point of wearing the headphones.  Why would the designers ignore my setting to keep the device on during this time.

Furthermore, when the device does turn off, it makes a loud horrible noise (a belch) which wakes me up, thus defeating the entire purpose of the restful music.  Why couldn't the designers provide the auto-off notification with a quiet chirp or beep.

Great headphones, that have been rendered useless with these undocumented features.  Why?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

In response to your so-called fix - Bose you are not listening!!!  No one wants this feature.  One hour is not enough time either.   And you appear to not have fixed the loud shut-down noise (that no one wanted).  Listen to your customers ... get rid of the "motionless auto-off" feature entirely.  Your customers have the control they need with their "auto-off" setting.  And get rid of that loud shut-down noise.  Nothing exotic ... keep it simple.  Listen!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

LOL.  They have listened, did some dev work and the problem still has yet to be solved for any use-case on this thread.  I have been a profession software dev my entire life and it is this lack of customer understanding that drove me to start my own company that both listens AND cares about the customers we value so highly.  I am still waiting for Bose to solve this show-stopping problem and will thereafter purchase my otherwise favorite headhphones I've ever owned.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 auto off firmware update

Became much better now, 1h auto-off is not 10 minutes. But I think everybody would love to have control on that feature in Bose music app.

From what I see annoying in this headphones:

- loud turn-off sound (could be just something very light, different sound at all...)

- speaking every action it does, without ability to turn off the voice - it breaks somebody's speech when second device connected, or when you change ANC level. Would be very good to have ability to replace the voice with some kind of short sound and even without muting main sound from device (I understand that it can be done only in next generation of headphones, anyway). For example I'm watching some web stream and want to increase ANC level, I click and now I have to listen 2 seconds of that robogirl voice and I fully loose stream sound for that seconds...