Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 auto off firmware update

In another forum this contributor states: 

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

The issue with the no motion auto shutdown appears to be fixed. I have slept with them the past 2 nights with just noise cancellation and they stayed on all night. Also last night I took them off during the night and they sat on the edge of my mattress for over 3 hours and were still powered on when I wake this morning.

Nice job Bose! Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

They have NOT fixed the Headphones!!!  They patched the motionless auto-off bug by extending it out to 1 hour, but in the process, broke the NC favorites button, which no longer works to change NC to the 3 favorites.  And they still have not fixed the loud horrible noise when the device auto-turns off.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Happy with the update.  Did not get presented with the 10 minute motionless auto off.  Everything is work as it should.  My favourites works, assistant works, touch controls work, the on off button works. Do not seem any issues where the update corrupted another feature. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

I am just checking to see if the latest firmware updated does indeed allow one to turnoff the motion detector. Which in turn would allow one to sleep on an airplane for 5 hours or so without the Bose headset turning off. 

I shipped my Bose 700 back to them two months ago. But if this problem is fixed, I'll re-buy. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Anyone else have strange BT connectivity issues since the update?  Mine has been dropping connection and even sometime showing that I'm connected when no sound is coming out.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Yes, I had the same. I was connected to MacBook, noice cancelling was working, but I couldn't hear anything. Then reconnected and everything became ok again. I think I had it several times and even before the update of firmware. Last time was yesterday.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

I’m sure your engineers think the motion sensors are sensitive enough but tell that to me every 20 minutes on the plane when I get my Bose wake-up call. Maybe you don’t like to sleep on a plane but I do. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Increasing the auto shutoff to one hour gives me a little more sleep on the long flights but an increase to 10 hours would be better. Better yet allow the user to disable. 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

With the Bose Music update earlier this month, this feature is now available!

Thanks!

Wayne M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!