Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmmmm
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Auto Shut-Off

Hi Charlotte_G and Jeff,

we need a FW update asap, this is what is we are asking here and we need asap so we dont mass return it. I (and at least 3 other colleges who bought the 700) talked to multiple customer service agents and they also thought it was defective product. We need a FW fix from the engineering team asap. Please escalte and let us know what does BOSE engineering team ETA to release that FW update?

Hector_B

Hi mmmmm, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. 

We have raised this issue with the development team. We have asked the community for a little more information and have received this and the issue has been escalated. We will update the community as soon as we know more regarding this. As of this moment in time we have no further information on an ETA. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
roar714
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 17, 2017

This is a truly astonishing design decision to be baked into a new higher cost product. Bose needs to understand that it really does *not* understand its long time customers. A significant feature like this should always be scalable (like noise cancelling) or at least binary (on/off) from the get go. Changing after the fact with firmware introduces the chance of unintended collateral breakage, as well documented elsewhere in this forum.  This really is no way to treat or retain loyalty.  

With a pair of 700s coming in the pipeline the evidence is mounting that it’s going to be a quick return.

A quality manufacturer will detail the feature changes on a new top tier product sufficiently on its website so that people in the market can make an informed purchase decision and not have to discover it after the fact. Having a liberal (if laborious) return policy is necessary but not sufficient.  One can’t imagine how Bose’s product development and test marketing programs are guided. 

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If it can not be shut off (I really think it can) at least make the setting adjustable. Like 10 minutes, 2 Hours, 10 Hours. It's very fustrating to have your (very expensive) top of the line headphones just decide for themselves that you do not need them on any longer. Please convey to the dev team that this is a dealbreaker when the product just shuts down uncontrolably. 

Tp2wxc
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I’m also having the same exact problem of Bose 700 headphone **bleep** off approximately 1 minutes.  This happens almost every time when I meditate or sleep.  It’s incredibly annoying and disappointing.  Please escalate this problem.

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose,

If it will take some time to implement user control for the "Motionless Auto off" Please disable this all together until it can be implemented correctly with user control. I don't want my headphones deciding when to shut off, this is my choice, please! 

Going to have to return them if the next update does not take care of this. Also posting to Reddit to alert all potential buyers. 

SonicKnight
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Same here. This “feature” is really annoying. It’s not just that the headphones are simply turned off. They turn off with this loud sound.

Not so nice when you want to relax some minutes with quite music and suddenly this thing happens. All the relaxation is suddenly gone.

Please allow us to switch off this feature as soon as possible, or at least extend the time for the switch off and don’t play this weird sound. 10min is way too short.

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, the shutdown sound scares the $h!!t out of me too! 10 minutes of peace and quiet and "STRUM!". I really hope they get this fixed soon. 

Pmdaandiego
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Same problem, all Bose does is send me new pairs of 700 headphones, must be getting expensive for them.  I have complained inumerous times with zero result.  It looks like we are being ignored by Bose on this.  Guess I’ll be buying the Sony’s now.  

troy carter
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Can you post how the Sony mic works for you?  I'd be curious to give them a shot now that I know the Bose 700's are not good for phone calls.