Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Bose A20 Aviation Headest Issue

Hello all,

I have a 3-4 year-old A20 Aviation Headset that has recently come up with an issue. When noise cancelling is turned on, the left ear cup has a loud squealing/squeaking noise that occurs whenever I move my head or adjust the headset. It sounds almost like two peices of plastic or metal are grinding against each other, however, it seems to only happen whenever noise cancelling is selected on. I've tried moving the ear cup and listening for the from outside the heasdet, and it is audible. When noice cancelling is turned off, no squeaking noise is heard, both with the set on and off. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? Or do I need to send it in to Bose for repair? Thanks for any input!

-Sam

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Bose A20 Aviation Headest Issue

Hi SDeary93,

That sounds really unpleasant. You might need new earpads to make a better seal with your head.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information. I would call them.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2017

I'm sending one of mine off for repairs today.  The two I keep up front (6-pin w/ bluetooth) both do it when you turn your head and unfortunately the warranty had expired by the time I took ownership.  I'll let you know how it works out, the Bose folks said it'll take about 3 weeks and they go ahead and refurb the headset as well.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Hey, any news on the repair? I have same issue with the headset I bought few months ago. Started after about 2 weeks of use.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

@Marius.plusc,

Thanks for joining the conversation!  I think that much like SDeary93 you should reach out to customer support.  When you speak with them you can discuss the best next steps for you.

Come by and give us an update if you can?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C