Highlighted
mangel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Bose AE2 Soundlink - Sound cuts off in Macbook Pro

Hi to everyone,

I have a brand new AE2 and I'm in love with it, but I start to use it on my Macbook Pro mid 2012 (modified with an SSD hard drive and 16GB of RAM) with Sierra and the sounds is cutting off constantly.

With my iPhone is not problem, but with the laptop... I can't hear a song without cuts.

The firmware of the AE2 is up to date, I try to re-pair the devices so many times, and it never fixes.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose AE2 Soundlink - Sound cuts off in Macbook Pro

Author Accepted Answer selected by mangel

Hey mangel,

Welcome to the community my friend, we're here to help!  Glad to hear that you're enjoying your headphones, let's get them working 100% for you.  On the headphone's end we can try a reset.

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Because the headphones work well with another device I'm inclined to say that the issue has to do with your Macbook.  I'm including some steps below for you to try out with your Mac.

When using the system with a computer running Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later, try the following:If you have a Mac running OS X 10.6.2 or later (Snow Leopard), you may be able to improve the quality of your Bluetooth connection by following these steps:

1. Open the Finder  
  2. Double-click the “Applications”  icon on the left menu bar 

3. Double-click “Utilities”  icon in the Applications folder 

4. Double click on the “Terminal”  icon and a new window will open with the title “Terminal – bash – 80x24” 

5. Type the following into the Terminal window, all on one line, including the quotes (Case sensitive): 

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48 

Highligted below:

6. Press return
  7. Quit the Terminal application
  8. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect

I hope this helps!  Please let me know how it goes if you get a chance.

I hope that you have a wonderful end to your week!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by mangel

Hey mangel,

Welcome to the community my friend, we're here to help!  Glad to hear that you're enjoying your headphones, let's get them working 100% for you.  On the headphone's end we can try a reset.

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Because the headphones work well with another device I'm inclined to say that the issue has to do with your Macbook.  I'm including some steps below for you to try out with your Mac.

When using the system with a computer running Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later, try the following:If you have a Mac running OS X 10.6.2 or later (Snow Leopard), you may be able to improve the quality of your Bluetooth connection by following these steps:

1. Open the Finder  
  2. Double-click the “Applications”  icon on the left menu bar 

3. Double-click “Utilities”  icon in the Applications folder 

4. Double click on the “Terminal”  icon and a new window will open with the title “Terminal – bash – 80x24” 

5. Type the following into the Terminal window, all on one line, including the quotes (Case sensitive): 

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48 

Highligted below:

6. Press return
  7. Quit the Terminal application
  8. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect

I hope this helps!  Please let me know how it goes if you get a chance.

I hope that you have a wonderful end to your week!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

mangel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

It seems as resolved!

I had an ocasional cut, but don't seems to be a recurrent fail like before.

Thanks for all!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi magnel!

That is fantastic news!  Thanks so much for the update and please let me know if you need anything!

Have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C