Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Bose Connect 6.2, still Portrait only

Ok I am not sure what was updated but as I said on the app store review, this app still uses only Portrait regardless of the orientation used on an Ipad (IOS 11.4.1 as I write this).

By contrast the Soundtouch app works both ways but is missing the match better options for editing of paired devices.

Some of us use our QC 35s paired to a Nokia phone for calls and IPad for everything else.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Connect 6.2, still Portrait only

Hi David Moore,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear that. Could I ask, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Of course deleting and reinstalling made no difference on my Ipad, you get the same behaviour of my previous Android tablet of course.

Its an Ipad Pro 9.7 I am using BTW. Great for Soundtouch. Bose connect is only really needed for updating the QC35s firmware. I had no issues with 2.5.3.

if you pair an Iphone to the pairing list it tries to take priority of the two enabled devices.

In the precious version (my wifes iphone, i dont have one myself),

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi David Moore

Thanks for getting back to us!  Correct, the Connect app is only available in portrait mode.  I can certainly add a  feature request to see if the development team can add this feature with a future update.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

So Bose connect 6.2.2 applied today, still ignoring Landscape orientation on Ipad.

Not a huge problem, who uses an Iad in portrait when not taking a photo?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

It lets. Hope they get around to doing that and at the same time add the bluetooth connection editing from this to the Soundtouch app. Thank you.