Highlighted
Alexmc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Bose Free Soundsport x Garmin vivoactive 3 Music

Dear all:
I’ve bought a Garmin vivoactive 3 Music and I connected to my new Bose Free Soundsport. The problem is that only the right side is working. Does the Free Sound works with this Garmin device the same way it works while phone calls, I mean, only with the rigth ear? Please help me, it’s a brand new Free Sound and I tried everything, but I can heat musics only with the rigth ear.
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Free Soundsport x Garmin vivoactive 3 Music

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alexmc

Hello Alexmc,

We should try establishing a fresh connection between your headphones and watch - to see if we can have your watch correctly recognising your headphones. To do this, first clear the pairing list on your headphones. This can be done by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". After this, try re-connecting the headphones to your watch. You may need to reset your watch before attempting the connection - to ensure your watch has cleared all memory of the headphones you previously tried connecting. 

Let us know if this solves your issue!

Warm Regards,

Sam F

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Alexmc,

Welcome to the community!

So what I think your watch is doing is noticing the SoundSport Free as a Bluetooth Headset and not a Stereo Headset. Have you a specific application for this watch? Can you change any settings on this watch?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Alexmc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I cannot change any settings on the watch. There is only one option that is to “connect to headset”. And I connect and that’s what happens! Do you think this is a limitation? And with this watch the Free Soundsport works like during a phone call, with only rigth side? I hope there is a solution!!! Thanks a lot for the reply.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alexmc

Hello Alexmc,

We should try establishing a fresh connection between your headphones and watch - to see if we can have your watch correctly recognising your headphones. To do this, first clear the pairing list on your headphones. This can be done by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared". After this, try re-connecting the headphones to your watch. You may need to reset your watch before attempting the connection - to ensure your watch has cleared all memory of the headphones you previously tried connecting. 

Let us know if this solves your issue!

Warm Regards,

Sam F

View solution in original post

Alexmc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Thanks a lot Sam! It worked and now everything is ok! Tks again!!!!
MikiZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Hi
Can’t seem to make it work.
I reset my vivoactive 3 music, turned iPhone Bluetooth off, pressed left earbud until list is cleared.
Still the watch won’t succeed connecting the Bose free.
Any ideas?
Community Manager

Hi MikiZ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues. Following clearing your Bluetooth device list on the headphones, by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared", have you tried restarting the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, then attempt pairing again?

Have you attempted pairing the SoundSport Wireless headphones to any other devices to compare for results? If the issue is isolated to the Vivoactive 3 Music, it may be beneficial to reach out directly to Garmin support for additional troubleshooting suggestions.

Kindest,

Andy B