Vicky_W

Re: Bose Music App Update

Hey Daddyburns, 

This app is only used for our Smart Home range. The QC35's use the Bose Connect app

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
sonorelli
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Where exactly in the IOS app is the setting for auto-updates? Mine is stuck on 3.0.0

sambouwer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Hi @sonorelli automatic updates are enabled or disabled in iOS, not in the Bose app. See here for more details provided by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180#automatic

sambouwer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Hi @Wayne_M is the latest version of the Bose Music app already in the Android Play store? I've checked for updates multiple times over the last few days but the update won't show up. Also reinstalled the app to make sure I've the latest version. I'm still on 3.0.2.

Bla5ian07
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

I am no longer able to connect via the music app. I am able to connect via the device bluetooth but every time I try to connect via the app I get the “Connection error. Please try again later” notification. I am running the latest version 3.1.6. Any advice? 

sonorelli
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

I have auto-updates enabled and my app is still 3.0.0.  I guess it's not a problem, since it's working fine with my NC 700s.

Pouik-Pouik
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hi,

For your information app still blocked on version 3.0.2 on Google play store in France. And I have a lot of difficulties to use this version. Any clue of what happened?

sambouwer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Just got the update to 3.1.7 on my android phone! 

mmcdonald4
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Is Bose going to reply properly about the state of this software?

I purchased the Bose 700s - great headphones, absolutely appalling software. So many intermittent issues

- the headphones are connected to my phone, but the app refuses to acknowledge it

- occasionally the app reports a 'Product Help' button and says my headphones are not available. The Product help wants me to turn them off and on again. Despite this, my headphones are connected and are playing sound correctly - why can't the app see?

- If I hadn't spent so much money I'd say the state of the the dual connection feature is funny. After lots of pain (because the app apparently hates connecting to anything) I can connect to two devices - I play some music and it drops in and out several times a second. It's completely unusable. 

JordanBeatles
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this issue. If it was resolved, how you’d get resolved?