StarlitMantis
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Bose NC 700 Top Layer of Metal Head band Peeling

After a week of owning the Bose NC 700 the upper layer that appears to be a sort of sealant to protect the metal beneath the headband (Photos attached) has begun to flake off. I am puzzled to why this is happening since I never set down the headphones metal side down because they are either on my head, around my neck or in their case. It has been about 2 months since this started and ended since after a week or so after the peeling appeared to start, peeling on both the right and left side looks to be about the same.

The headphones are in perfect working order besides this and I have been incredibly satisfied (Life has just been busy and I haven't gotten a chance to write a forum post). Is there a course of action for me to get this fixed? After a quick google search or two I have seen no one talking about this issue so I assume I am an isolated incident (Yay me!) so I have attached photos. 

LeftLeftLeftLeftRightRightRightRight

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Bose NC 700 Top Layer of Metal Head band Peeling

Hello StarlitMantis, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your NC700 headband. This certainly shouldn't be happening.

Please reach out to local support in your region to discuss your options for exchange. Details can be found here

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!