Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fluffykiss
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Bose NC 700 alarm

Hello, I’m a recent user of Bose product Specifically NC 700 headphone and I’m still getting use to it. So my problem is, aside from the software update being slow, I noticed that when I set an alarm it wouldn’t play through the headphone. I’m a very light sleeper and finding this headphone was a blessing except the fact that the alarm won’t play through the headphone instead it plays through my phone. And yes headphone and phone are connected. I tried some experiments and I just couldn’t figure out how to solve it. I’ve searched I couldn’t find answer.. so I’m hoping someone will answer me through here and will help me kindly. THANK YOU!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 alarm

Hi Fluffykiss,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

I have found that alarms playing through the NC700 headphones can depend on what device we are using as well as what app is being used to set the alarm. So I can help you look into this further could you let me know what device you are setting your alarm on?

Also, are you using the default alarm app on this device or an alternative app to set your alarms?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Fluffykiss
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

I’m an iPhone XS user so I use their default clock/alarm app. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Fluffykiss,

Thank you for providing that information.

I found this information about alarms on Apple's website that says they do not support alarms over wireless connections.

If you use iOS 11 or later and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired headphones and speakers. It doesn't play through wireless headphones and speakers.

I would, however, like to open this up to the community though, to see if anyone has managed to find any workarounds for this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!