Iceskating_Uphill
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Bose NC700 for conference calls on MacBook Pro

I am looking to buy a pair of NC700 headphones predominantly for MS Teams calls and Zoom, while we are on lockdown, but with a view to more music listening when things start to get back to normal and I’m commuting.

I’m a bit bewildered by all of the threads on the NC700 - is it currently possible to have good quality (with ambient noise cancelling on the mic) calls when connected to a MacBook Pro? I don’t mind if I have to disconnect the phone to achieve that - not ideal but that appears to be a potential limitation? If not, I’ll just get a decent Jabra office headset. 

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Dr. G.
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 for conference calls on MacBook Pro

I'm using Zoom on a MacBook Pro 8+ hours a day during lockdown. I bought the BOSE NC 700 to use for work and personal use, but so far have not been able to use it for work at all. The first day, it worked for about five minutes and then it was disconnected. I've been able to pair the headphones with the MacBook, and when the connection is maintained, my mic is always muted. I'm basically using the internal speakers to speak and the headphones to hear others. I am also recording these meetings and I sound horrible. Also, I make videos on an iPad and have the exact same problem: headphones are useless for speaking. 

I don't think anyone from Bose is going to respond to your post, by the way. There seems to be a large number of threads in this community regarding videoconferencing problems with these headphones. People are unable to use them with Skype, Google Hangouts, etc., and Bose isn't really helping anyone.

I'm really disappointed. If I'm going to pay $350 or headphones, I need to be able to use them for more than just listening to music. I do not recommend purchasing these if you want to use them for videoconferencing. I'm returning mine on Tuesday.

vikasshankar
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 for conference calls on MacBook Pro

It is a good thing you are researching support BEFORE buying a product. 

I bought the QC35 II two weeks ago with the same use case - listen to music while doing deep work and attend work meetings. I ran into issues, and I have since noted my issues are shared across QC35 and NC700. My issues are documented here - have a check to see if you had same requirements: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-drops-phone-connection-when-connected...