Lakeisle
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Bose Q35 II Microphone not working.

Dear representative and community,

After updating the firmware (two weeks ago) the microphone stopped working on my Bose QC 35II. Every other function works perfectly, but it doesn’t work on iPhone or any other device. I may state that this is very frustrating for an expensive headphone. Any advice or solutions? Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
Hector_B

Re: Bose Q35 II Microphone not working.

Hi Lakeisle, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

Firstly I would ensure that the Mic isnt muted, this can be adjusted by Briefly press the Volume + and Volume - buttons simultaneously. A voice prompt stating "muted" will be heard in the headphones.

Can you please also confirm which software version you are running? 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
domaly
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I have the same problem.  My firmware is up to date and when I press the + and - it doesn't do anything to the microphone.  How do I fix this issue?

Hector_B

Hi Domaly, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted other troubleshooting methods in this thread. 

Also which software version are you running? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
domaly
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I have the latest firmware installed and have also pressed the + and - buttons at the same time.  I’m using the headphones on my iPhone for phone calls and being told that my voice is very faint.

Hector_B

Hi Domaly, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would recommend performing a product reset on the headphones, this can be done via:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Can you please also test a call on another device to see if the issue persists? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Lakeisle
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Dear Hector,

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

I did try the option advised and clearly hear the voice commands “muted” and “unmuted”, however the problem persists.

I’m the owner of several Bose products, this is truly a concern.

I loved the Q35II, but I wonder now if I should replace them for the same or migrate to other brand.

We have two other sets in the family and we are reluctant to update the firmware to don’t face the same problem.

Any other opinions are welcome.
Kindest regards
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Lakeisle,

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Can I confirm that you have tried the product reset? I would also recommend resetting your phone/tablet too if you have not already; I would also be interested to know if you are able to use either Siri or google assistant by voice command? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Lakeisle
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Dear Zoe,

Thank you. Yes, the reset and tried Siri and other ways to send the mic signals to iPad, iPhone and Mac. Including, voice recordings apps, there is no signal from the mic.

Kindest regards,
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Lakeisle,

Thanks for getting back to me,  I am sorry to hear that none of the suggested troubleshooting has resolved the issue with the microphone. This is not normal behavior so I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further, you can find the contact information here.

I hope this helps, I am sorry I have not been able to get this resolved for you; should you need help with anything else please do not hesitate to get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C