Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Bose QC 35 I on windows 10 paired but do not connect after firmware update

I have read multiple threads about this issue and nobody have provided a repeatable solution.

My QC35 are detected paired but then they don't connect. I started noticing this issue after the firmware update.

The microphone never worked, but I never worried about it until now that I need itbose 00.pngbose 01.png

What I have tried.

Reset paired list on both pc and headphones

Updated all possible drivers

Tried the multiple reset listed on Bose website.

I changed the usb dongle on the PC still didn't work.

They connect to my android device and can be controlled from the bose app.

Does any body have an update on this issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 I on windows 10 paired but do not connect after firmware update

Hello xmachin, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty connecting your QC35's to your Windows 10 device. With connections to computers/laptops, there are a large number of variables that have an effect. Due to this, complications can arise. 

I'd like like to point you in the direction of this post: Computer Related Informational Post. I believe that you may find some very useful information regarding some steps to take to make a successful connection.

Additionally, there is a discussion on Microsoft regarding this matter which may also be useful to you. Windows 10 + BOSE Quietcomfort 35 - do not work.

I strongly urge any members of the Bose Community, who have maybe had experience with this matter, or are knowledgeable in this area, to chime in and offer any support available. It may help if you mention the Make and Model of your device for hardware matters. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Hi Charlote,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately when I posted the issue, I had already read and tried everything available on the site without any luck.

I understand that could be a lot of things, but the only change was the firmware update, and the problem started right away after the update. I also tried to find out if is possible to rollback that update but so far appears to be impossible.

I have had this BoseQC for almost 3 years for everyday use at work, and now it’s really frustrating that a vendor’s update renders the device unusable. It’s the first time a so pricey item fails me so badly.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

If by any chance you get to this thread, probably is too late to stay away from this expensive headphones, but if you have the chance, get Sony or Microsoft that at least always works with any Bluetooth even the mic works too without any workaround.

My pair was rendered unusable on pcs after the firmware update, and support just sent me to a couple of articles that are not related to the issue. So now I have an expensive headset that only works on a  phone.