Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Bose QC 35 II clears device list after every start

I turn on the headset. Its says "Connect to [iphone name]". 8-10 seconds passes. It says "Bluetooth device list cleared".

And then i need to remove the pairing from the phone before I can reconnect.

It does it _every_ single time I turn them on.

I upgraded the firmware to the latests version. That does not solve the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II clears device list after every start

Hello j0bni3! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear that's happening, but would like to help. Just for clarification, when you are turning your headphones on, are you sliding the power button to the right for only a second or are you holding the button all the way to the right for 8-10 seconds? Holding the button to the right will cause the headphone device list to clear after that amount of time. 

Please let us know! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

im only sliding the switch to the middle (on) position. Not all the way to the right.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

j0bni3,

Thanks for clarifying! It would seem that there may be something else going on then. Is your firmware up to date? An update may resolve the issue. The best/fastest way to do this is to connect with the USB charging cable and navigate to btu.bose.com on your PC. 

Let us know the result.

Best,

Greg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

I did the firmware update. its now on version 3.1.8.

On the very first start after the update, it did not clear the device list. On the subsequent attempts it did. So updating the firmware has not resolved the issue.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

j0bni3,

Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to troubleshoot. Given what we have already done, it sounds like the next step here is to contact Customer Support. They'll be able to work with you on available service options. Here is a link to contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support