Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Bose QC 35 II connecting to "phantom" devices

When I first power on my headset, it will always connect to the last connected devices even if those devices are turned off or on the other side of the world.

Scenario:
I'm connected to my phone and "matthews macbook". I power off my headset, and power off my macbook (possibly dissolve the macbook in acid, or send it into the depths of the ocean). When I power my headset back on it'll say through the speakers that it is connected to both my macbook and my phone.

Scenario:
Yesterday I was using my headset while connected to both my phone and macbook.  I powered off the macbook, last night.  Today I turned on my headset and it said it was connected to both my macbook and phone.  When I went to the bose connect app on my phone, it showed the headset as not connected and then went through the connection process with the headset.  In the app my macbook was selected as "connected", even though that device is turned off and in another place (out of bluetooth range).

So not only is this super annoying, but I often switch between two macbooks.  The headset will only connect to two devices simultaniously, so I'm required to connect to the headset via bluetooth, de-select the old macbook and re-select the new one.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose QC 35 II connecting to "phantom" devices

Hello Mevans91, 

Thank you for your post. Welcome to the Bose Community forum. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones. To remedy this issue, can you please try the following: 

- Clear the device pairing list.

To clear the pairing list: Press and hold the Bluetooth switch on the earcup over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.” Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list* on your mobile device.

All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Next, it is good practice to turn Bluetooth off on your phone/computer, then back on to re-initiate a scan for available devices. You should see the headphones appear as a device you can connect to.

- Update firmware

To update the firmware of the headphones, please visit http://btu.bose.com on a computer, then follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, please connect your headphones using the included charging cord. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Hi,

Even after clearing the device pairing list, and resetting the firmware this issue continues to be present after some short use.

Matt

Hello Mevans, 

Thanks for reaching back out, I am sorry that your issue still persists. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!