Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troep
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

I just updated the new firmware 2.5.1 for QC 35 II, the ANC is way worse than previous versions. I can clearly hear people talking now. Does anyone has this issue as well? 

260 REPLIES 260
Troep
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

I also downgraded to firmware 2.1.3 and 2.0.1. The ANC is still terrible. I think the update to 2.5.1 broke something in my headphone, which result in reduced ANC.

NeSsS
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

I just received my QC35 II Wireless headphones today. I tested it out of the box, and the ANC was fenomenal! I could no longer hear the noisy airco here at the office. It was completely blocked out. Then (stupidily enough) I updated to the latest 2.5.1 firmware. The ANC has indeed changed. I can now hear the airco again, even with ANC set to high. I can also clearly hear people talk like you said. My collegue in the same office also received his today and had the EXACT same issue !! These puppies are BRAND NEW so I am pretty pissed off....

Mana
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

I'm agree with you. Since the last update, I hear the people.

Troep
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

I went to my local Bose Support Centre and they exchanged my old one with a brand new qc35ii. It is on 2.0.1. Never upgraded.

The ANC is much better now, back to what it used to be. The customer service officer tested and compared my faulty one with another QC35ii, he didn't notice much dfference. However i really notice the difference, the new one has the cabin pressure feeling and the faulty one has not.

I suggest you do the same, change for a new one asap.

David Moore
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

It seems there is a similar issue but not as bad as described on the original QC35 with the 1.5.1 update where as 1.26 was good. The newest update did fix the insane incoming call volume issue (Nokia N9 incoming with Ipad playing music at same time) whereas 1.26 fixed the call answering.

With nothing playing the pressure is much reduced to before and some voices do come though, changing bose connect settings confirms then noise cancelling is still operational but its been clearly weakened  Sone voices can be overhead at around 60 percent volume. So yes, an update is needed, I want the spacesuit feeling back when nothing is playing where only a glass fall gets heard and some kiw frequency hum.

QC 35 v1 with 1.26 plus call volume fix is considered perfect for me.

Elsewhere on this thread was mentioned performing a downgrade, there is no such option in bose connect, how is this done properly. If nit clear i am better waiting for new firmware.

For next update can we have callers contact name instead of the nunber, which it does for skype and viber calls without issue. Viber itself sometimes ignores the bluetooth on IOS 11 but that is its problem not the QC35 

ThePeter
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Today I was wondering why the office is so noisy... It's not, I just hear more of it. Last night I updated the firmware and found now this thread...

Any idea how I can install the old, proper firmware?

QC35user
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

For now there is now way to get it. It seems BOSE makes changes to older versions available for download, so any change to ANC for qc35 I or II can't be undone.

There was an idea that some tech enthusiast could find old headsets from before update, extract old firmware and share but so far no one did it.

If your headset works fine - don't update. Or at least wait week or two to see what people say after the update. ANC feature was for unkonw reasons weakend with each update, so if this feature is important to you make sure new update doesn't mess it.

qc35ii
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

What firmware were you on before?
NeSsS
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

I have no idea about the FW it came with. I just updated... 

Manufacture date of the headset is 23 octobre 2017.